Susanna Foo, Philadelphia

by evilprebil
  • evilprebil's Profile Photo

Susanna Foo: Refined Fusion

by evilprebil Written Jul 29, 2007

I've often heard that Susanna Foo revolutionized fusion cuisine. I finally went here for my birthday this year and was very impressed. The service was impeccable and the atmosphere is very intimate even though it can seat a large number of people. Truly, the food and drink was the shining star. Everything was absolutely perfect. My stepfather kept saying "We're not food critics!!" because we all try to get different dishes and then share so everyone gets to sample (there was one particularly slippery piece of salmon that I dropped when passing to my mother and then she dropped passing to my stepfather. They tastefully put down napkins so that we didn't have to look at the Szechuan sauce tracks.

Favorite Dish: I loved everything, but I can try to narrow it down a bit. My two favorite appetizers were the Pot Stickers and the Mongolian Lamb Pillows. As for the entrees I loved the Szechuan seafood plate and the crispy Duck. The pictures shows the Mango creme brulee, because I am creme brulee obsessed.

• Sue08080's Profile Photo

Susanna Foo: Not your typical Chinese food

by Sue08080 Written Apr 15, 2006

Suzanna Foo is an extraordinary dining experience. The owner/chef Suzanna Foo is well known to gourmet diners. The food is Chinese with a French flair. It is expensive but worth it for a splurge! My one objection is that the wait staff tends to hurry you along...not acceptable at any price, but especially not at these prices!

Instant Answers: Philadelphia