Schenley Park was established in 1889 with a 300-acre gift from Mary Schenley, an heiress to a former General. Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens was built on the park in 1893, and the Carnegie Museum and Music Hall was completed in 1895. Other historical attraction in the park include Neill Log House and Martin's Cabin, both from the 1770s, as well as the Panther Hollow Lake and Boathouse which were created in 1909.
Recreational activities in the park include a public golf course, disc golf, swimming pool, tennis courts, running track, soccer field, walking trails, and seasonal ice skating. The visitors center contains a cafe,