Main Line Mansion
One of the great old Main Line mansions. This old glory is now owned by Villanova University and is part of the expanded West Campus, off County Line Road.
For more photos and a history of the house, see the web site.
A Divine Mansion
This remarkable French Gothic manor, now a National Historic Landmark, was built in 1892 by a steel baron. It later became the headquarters of Father Divine's International Peace Mission Movement. Originally named Woodmont, it was later called " The Mount of the House of the Lord" by Father Divine.
The mansion is in Gladwyne, just a few miles from Villanova. It is open to the public on Sundays in April through October, 1-5pm.
Visitors must agree to follow the "International Modesty Code" [!] established by Father Divine: "no smoking, drinking, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity, undue mixing of sexes, receiving of gifts, presents, tips or bribes. Dress Code requires modesty--no shorts or sleeveless tops."
Weekday tours by appointment. Free.
1622 Spring Mill Rd., Gladwyne PA
For more information and directions:
Another Villanova Mansion
Montrose Mansion, built in 1914, is also now owned by Villanova University and is part of the Villanova Executive Conference Center. It is a great place for a business meeting. The mansion and gardens are superb.
Recently the mansion began serving afternoon tea to the public. Definitely worth a visit, but call to make sure this service is still offered.
601 County Line Road
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.