Williamsport Off The Beaten Path

• Nice view! (The river isn't bad, either!)
    Nice view! (The river isn't bad,...
    by wstaib
  • Off The Beaten Path
    by riotgirlpeeps
    near Picture Rocks
    by vivalasteph

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Williamsport

• wstaib's Profile Photo

Rent a Canoe! (Or skis! Or ice skates!)

by wstaib Updated Sep 18, 2006
    Nice view! (The river isn't bad, either!)

My boyfriend and I rented a canoe from one Mr. Brad Bubb, a very nice gentleman, and enjoyed a fantastic afternoon in the water and sunshine. Apparently, Mr. Bubb also rents cross country ski equipment and ice skates for those colder days. His rates are good and you can rent the equipment for a couple of hours or a whole WEEK (ask about the 100 mile trip!).

What struck me the most about his service was that he met us at the landing dock where we'd be ending our trip, then DROVE US to the place where we'd be starting and helped us get the boat in the water! Not only that, he also gave us some good pointers on interesting things to look for and the easiest route to take. Great stuff!

Tourist-y things are great, but getting away from the fray for the day is MUCH better!

• Skiing and Boarding
    • Sailing and Boating

• riotgirlpeeps's Profile Photo

Graveyard Walk

by riotgirlpeeps Written Oct 14, 2004

Williamsport has an immense cemetary. There are some very beautiful vaults and statues to be found in it. It sits on top of one of the low mountains and has an excellent view of the town below.

One local merchant told me that there was 26 miles of road in the cemetary alone. And there are gravestones from the early 1800's as well as several civil war grave stones.

• vivalasteph's Profile Photo

The surrounding farmlands

by vivalasteph Written Dec 26, 2003

near Picture Rocks

Within a half hour of Williamsport are small roads leading into the farmlands, with picturesque barns and silos, and beautiful creeks and mountains. It is well worth the time to take a drive in any direction.

• vivalasteph's Profile Photo

Loyalsock Creek

by vivalasteph Written Nov 20, 2003

The Loyalsock

This creek just northeast of Williamsport is where I spent my summer days growing up. Beautiful mountains and crystal clear water, and my brother and I challenging each other to see who could hold their breath the longest underwater.

Instant Answers: Williamsport

Comments

Williamsport Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Williamsport off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Williamsport sightseeing.