Block Island Restaurants

by Pawtuxet
  • Restaurants
    by Pawtuxet

Most Recent Restaurants in Block Island

• Aldo's Italian and Seafood Restaurant: Horrendus food two seasons in a row!

by NewYorkJames058 Written Sep 22, 2008

Aldo's Bakery which is located next to Aldo's Italian Restaurant is not bad. The Restaurant however is truly horrendous. I am sorry to report that I forgave them for the tasteless food I ate there in 2007. I just visited the restaurant again in Late September 2008 and I remembered why I did not care for their food. Plain and simply, the ingrediant missing from the food on both visits was taste. I would have fared better with a can of chef-boyardee spaghetti-oo's. I believe the restaurant should be renamed Alpo's. Save your money. The galley on the Ferry had better food.

Favorite Dish: None

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Water Street Cafe: Lunch or ice cream overlooking the harbour

by Pawtuxet Written Aug 25, 2008

harbour is beyond the cafe to the north

As the sun was starting to fall, we began to wish for ice cream or iced coffee and a place to sit and relax. We ventured over to the Water St. Cafe where there is a Ben & Jerry's at the back side of it with some outdoor tables and umbrellas to sit and watch the action at the intersection in one direction ... or out toward the harbour looking north. Of course the ice cream is always yummy at Ben & Jerry's. Lunch was standard bill or fare...we didn't have lunch there, but you could enjoy the location no matter how good the food was.

• Architecture

• marca's Profile Photo

Eli's Restaurant: My favorite place for dinner on BI

by marca Written May 1, 2007

We had stopped here on our last visit and was pleasantly surprised to find it open in the off season. My daughter was could not stop talking about her dinner, the seafood trio(mussels, shrimp, scallops).

Favorite Dish: Our party of 5 selected 5 different dinners and all were satisfied.

• cruisingbug's Profile Photo

Ballard's Inn: Dining Al Fresco on the Beach

by cruisingbug Written Sep 24, 2006

The woman at the CoC in Narragansett recommended Ballard's for lunch - and although we had no idea where to find it, we instinctively turned left off the ferry and followed the road to the end - right to Ballard's Inn. It looked dark and bar-ry inside - not baby friendly - but happily we followed the hostess back outside to the patio, where there were plenty of shaded tables and a magnificent view of the ocean. It felt so tropical and relaxing, I ordered a (virgin) daiquiri to suit the mood. Service was fine, prices were reasonable.

There isn't another restaurant in Old Harbor that can beat Ballard's for location - literally right on the beach. Maybe because of this, you won't find Ballard's listed in the island dining guides - I guess they don't have to advertise!

Favorite Dish: I forget what the exact dish was called - it was lobster salad (pretty good) served with a green salad, cantaloupe and strawberries. Hubby had grilled chicken salad and the peel & eat shrimp. All the food was good for beach food - not gourmet but good sized peelers.

• Beaches

• astarte00's Profile Photo

Harborside Inn: Clam Chowder!

by astarte00 Written Jul 30, 2005

Everyone thinks their clam chowder is the best, but in regards to the Harborside Inn I would have to agree with them. A bowl of this stuff is a filling meal in itself. Sit on the Porch and take in the sights and sounds of the busiest street (and block) on Block Island with a beeline view of the ferry dock.

• Beaches

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

The Narragansett: Great porch dining

by Pawtuxet Written Aug 25, 2008

Have lunch on the porch overlooking Great Salt Pond.
    We haven't tried this one yet....but all these old porches are fun to sit on if only long enough to enjoy tipping a cold one.

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Block Island

Comments

Block Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Block Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Block Island sightseeing.