Bristol Restaurants

The Topside from the Rail Tail
    by marca
    Dining al fresco at the Topside
    by marca
    restaurant on Main Street
    by Pawtuxet

Most Recent Restaurants in Bristol

• marca's Profile Photo

Topside Lounge: Between the Hope St. and the Rail Trail

by marca Written Sep 19, 2008
    The Topside from the Rail Tail

The Topside is the only 'real restaurant' on the East Bay Rail Trail. I am not counting Ice cream stands and hot dog joints. We happened to go on a beautiful day and the patio area was filled with cyclists, the upper deck was filled with bikers and the inside was filled with families. Service was great and the food was good.

• Cycling

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo

JG Goff's Thames Street Landing: Good for Cocktails and Watching Sail Boats

by ForestqueenNYC Updated Aug 6, 2008

Goff's, Bristol, RI

I ate here only because it was right on the water and there was a wonderful breeze. I thought I couldn't go wrong if I ordered the lobster salad roll. I was wrong it was absolutely terrible. The french fries had been cooked and cooked and cooked. Absolutely terrible.

Go here for a coffee or a beer and sit on the patio which overlooks the bay. It is so peaceful and pleasant. But do not order anything to eat.

July 2008. I went back here just because it is on the water and a place where I can totally relax, normally. Unfortunately, it was Saturday and the place was packed so I only had a quick and very lousy meal and left. I will go back again and again, but only for a glass of wine and relaxation and never on the weekend.

Favorite Dish: Nothing.

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Cafe on Main Street: New restaurant in town

by Pawtuxet Updated Dec 16, 2006

restaurant on Main Street

Conveniently located on the Main Street in Bristol, this is a new restaurant which replaced the Cafe la France. Unfortunately I cannot give you a review as I haven't had the opportunity to test it out. I can only say that the location on Main Street is perfect for when you are visiting Bristol...staying in one of the B&B's or planning a special dinner.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Basically British: For a delightful cup of tea....

by Pawtuxet Updated Oct 2, 2006

Basically British serves high tea, lunch, and sensational deserts. There are about a zillion kinds of loose tea you might buy by the pound; antiques of all sorts from rugs to lamps to vases; numerous imported food products; odd bits of furniture; tea pots- tea cozies-tea strainers - packaged teas. The lunches include homemade soups, fresh ingredients for sandwiches, excellent mini quiches, strawberries dipped in chocolate....need I go on?

Susan and I enjoyed a lovely lunch at the Basically British tea room in Bristol. Run by an English woman who brings us the best in tea and scones and clotted cream.....our lunch was truly delicious. You can eat like this any day at this great little spot. See my tip under restaurants...for a full description of all the things you can find at this sweet little spot. We sat at a window table looking out at the town. Outside a tea pot hangs by the doorway...with steam pouring out non-stop.
    NOTE: RESTAURANT HAS MOVED TO WARREN...TOWN NEXT DOOR. HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE NEW Basically British

Favorite Dish: Love the high tea with the three tiered trays filled with finger sandwiches and their homemade scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam. yum!

• Women's Travel

• Leo's Ristorante: Locals favorite

by lizthatsme Written Sep 24, 2005

Small, cozy, friendly with an unexpectedly delicious menu and delightful selection. Provides a good amount of take-out for locals and is always busy for lunch or dinner from 11-9. YUMMY. Walking around "downtown", don't miss Leo's!

Favorite Dish: Pasta Frugoli (sp?)

• Sailing and Boating

Instant Answers: Bristol

Comments

Bristol Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bristol restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bristol sightseeing.