Coventry Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Coventry

Denny's: Cheap, Roadtrip Breakfast

by cjg1 Updated Sep 26, 2012

Our last visit to Coventry was an overnight stop before heading off to our nephew's Christening in Warwick. We decided to stop at Denny's for a good breakfast before heading out of town; the free hotel breakfast just didn't look appetizing that morning.

We had never been to Denny's before despite our many stays in Coventry; so we decided to give it a try. Denny's is a casual sit down restaurant chain that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. That morning the place was pretty busy; so we waited about ten minutes for a table.
    We were seated at a booth close to the kitchen area and handed menus.

I was very hungry that morning and decided to go for a large breakfast of pancakes, hash browns, eggs and bacon. My wife went with her standard breakfast choice; bagel with cream cheese and a side of bacon. The food was very good and inexpensive which is always a bonus. Service was a little slow but the place was packed so we didn't mind.

All in all; good food, good price and close to our hotel.

Dunkin Donuts: Grabbing A Snack for the Room

by cjg1 Written Nov 1, 2010

After a long drive and a later than usual check in we decided to stop and grab a few donuts and drinks for the hotel. We like their unsweetened ice tea and grabbed two large containers with lemon. We tried their glazed pumpkin donuts; first time I ever saw them; they must be seasonal. I usualy get a glazed chocolate and Liz gets a coffee roll but we figured we'd try something new.

It was the perfect snack for the hotel.

Favorite Dish: The pumpkin donut was quite nice. I love pumpkin anything so it's pretty hard to dissapoint me. Even Liz liked the donut and she is not a big lover of pumpkin flavor.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Applebee's: When your choices of places to eat are limited

by Gypsystravels Updated Oct 12, 2009
    Shrimp and fries

Applebee's is your typical type of fast food chain restaurant which are located throught the country. For most people, this constitutes a night out for a decent meal where you can take the kids and have a pretty large selection of dishes.

I've had my share of visits to Applebee's usually because they can provide a more decent and filling meal than a McDonalds or the likes can provide. I can usually find something on the menu that I like, usually salads or a burger. The prices won't break the bank either.

During our visit to Coventry we decided to stop here for an early lunch because it was located so close to our hotel and we didn't want to start wandering around looking for a place to eat before heading to Newport. We arrived early, just as the restuarant was opening (11:30 am), so the restaurant was quite empty, so we were seated promptly. We were handed our menus and our waitress came over with glasses or water ready to take our drink order.

We placed our order and didn't wait long before our meals arrived. The waitress was very nice and attentive and kept our drinks filled.

Favorite Dish: We started with the mozzarella sticks, which were quite yummy (even I was surprised), the were quite tasty and came with the usual marinara sauce. Ferni decided to order a steak with fries and I had a shrimp basket. The food was actually quite good for what it was.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Denny's: Open 24 hours and Ferni was starving!!

by Gypsystravels Updated Oct 9, 2009

Ferni with his chicken tenders and fries

I personally do not care to eat at fast food chain restaurants, but there are times when you just don't have any other choice. I prefer to go local, but Ferni was starving and it was way past 3 am when we finally made our way back to the hotel and Dennys was the only place open for him to grab something to eat.

Much to my surprise, Ferni said that his meal was quite good. He ordered chicken fingers with a side of fries and said that the chicken was quite moist and just how he likes it. He said his fries were good as well. I don't eat this late and decided to have a cup of coffee.

Favorite Dish: Ferni ordered the chicken fingers and side of fries with a coke. I had a cup of coffee.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Applebee's: When you're hungry enough to eat anything....

by cjg1 Updated Nov 5, 2008

Liz and I had left work and headed up to Coventry. We arrived a bit tired from our journey and hungry enough for something small. Applebee's was right across from the hotel and we were not in the frame of mind to begin wandering in search of food. We should have wandered....the food was not very good. The spinach dip was okay but the chips were overly greasy. The sliders were like hockey pucks and the buns were too hard. Our waitress was nice enough and kept the iced tea refills coming. We had overheard another waitress complaining loudlyat her lack of decent tips for the evening. This was just not the appropraite thing to do in front of customers.

Next time we will go in search of food and skip this place.

Instant Answers: Coventry

Comments

Coventry Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coventry restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coventry sightseeing.