Middletown Travel Guide

Middletown Things to Do

by cjg1 Written Apr 5, 2003

The Beach between Middletown and Newport is what I think of for a typical NE beach. Cold overcast and bare.

And yet people do show. Always an adventure.

Middletown Hotels

• Hampton Inn & Suites

We choose this hotel for its proximity, about 2 miles from downtown Newport and its Mansions. The...

• Residence Inn Newport/Middletown

325 West Main Road, Middletown, Rhode Island, 02842, United States

• Howard Johnson Newport Middletown

Right next to Newport Rhode Island, this hotel is a cheap hotel to stay in. For the money, it is a...

• Sea Whale Motel

150 Aquidneck Avenue, Middletown, Rhode Island, 02842, United States

• The Seabreeze Inn

147 Aquidneck Ave, Middletown, Rhode Island, 02842, United States

Good for: Couples

• Courtyard by Marriott Newport Middletown

9 Commerce Drive, Middletown, Rhode Island, 02842, United States

• Travelodge Middletown

1185 West Main Road, Route 114 & West Main Road, Middletown, Rhode Island, 02840, United States

Satisfaction: Very Good

Good for: Families

• Newport Beach Hotel and Suites

One Wave Avenue, Middletown, Rhode Island, 02842, United States

Satisfaction: Average

Good for: Solo

• Carriage House Inn - a Clarion...

93 Miantonomi Avenue, Middletown, Rhode Island, 02842, United States

Satisfaction: Very Good

Middletown Restaurants

by cjg1 Updated Mar 30, 2015

My wife and I were staying at the Homewood Suites the night before when I spotted this IHOP. I really enjoy an IHOP breakfast so we had to come here the next day.

My wife had been here before and was glad that they finally updated the interior and she said it was quite sad the last time she came here for breakfast. We arrived early at 8 am and the place was jam packed. We managed to score the last available table before the masses of diners came in behind us.

IHOP serves the typical breakfast items;pancakes, french Toast, omlettes and the like. I chose some Strawberry pancakes with eggs over easy, bacon and hash browns. I really do enjoy their shredded hashbrowns. My wife chose their buttermilk biscuits and a side of hashbrowns. We both chose to drink unsweetened iced teas as we are not coffee drinkers.

I enkoyed my breakfst and as always it was too much to finish. My wife didn't like her biscuits in the least but enjoyed her hashbrowns. She said next time she will have pancakes and they are always good at IHOP.

• Basaic's Profile Photo

by Basaic Updated Oct 25, 2014

$15 in July 2014. By the time I got my hotel room in Middletown, I was rather tired and did not want to go far for dinner. Luckily there was a Chili's not far down the road. Chili's is another of the good chain restaurants in the United States similar to say an Applebee's. A bit more upscale than Denny's but still a relaxed atmosphere. They had a few specials on the menu and I chose Cajun Chicken Penne. Unlike some places this "Cajun" food had some kick like it should. Hours are 11 AM to 11 PM Sunday through Thursday and 11 AM to 12 AM on Friday and Saturday.

Chili's in Middletown

• acebruin's Profile Photo

by acebruin Updated Apr 18, 2008

Unlike the chain Dunkin Donuts, Ma's donuts is an independent donut shop. This particular location opens 24 hours. If you're out late and need late snacks, this is a perfect place to satisfy your hunger. Their donuts are pretty good.

Favorite Dish: Chocolate glazed donuts.

Middletown Shopping

by cjg1 Written Mar 30, 2015

It's nice to have a Wallmart nearby in case you forget something at home. In our case; my wife forgot her vitamins and didn't want to skip doses. So we headed off to Wallmart and found her vitamins; not her particular brand but she made due with what they had on the shelves. We also picked up some beverages for the hotel room as well.

Instant Answers: Middletown

Comments

Middletown Travel Guide
Map of Middletown