Narragansett Travel Guide

• Restaurants
  • Sunrise at Scarborough St. Beach, Narragansett, RI
    Sunrise at Scarborough St. Beach,...
    Porches, Anchor Motel, Narragansett, RI

Narragansett Hotels

Narragansett Restaurants

• cruisingbug's Profile Photo

by cruisingbug Updated Sep 1, 2012

We went to Crazy Burger for breakfast - crazy! But they offered a truly wonderful b'fast in a great setting - all kinds of neat stuff hanging from the ceiling and on the walls, and of course, a high chair for baby! They're open year-round - breakfast is their main business actually during the school year as kids from URI hang out there.

Service was very good - Leah was friendly and attentive.

Favorite Dish: I'd never seen cinnamon roll French toast on a menu before so of course I had to have it! (I've since seen it on an IHOP commercial. Oh well.) It was very tasty - if you get it, immediately flip the toast over to get the swirly effect as you eat. Yum!
    Hubby had "Belgian" chocolate chip pancakes, his favorite. We're still not sure what made them Belgian, but they were excellent!

Visit #2 - still excellent 6 years later! This time I got the delicious Baja Beach Breakfast (for lunch!). Excellent selection of combine-your-own juices - I chose carrot-ginger but in retrospect shoulda had mango-pineapple-ginger maybe. Next time! Mega Berry Smoothie also was great.

• Beaches

• cruisingbug's Profile Photo

by cruisingbug Updated Sep 1, 2012

At first glance we thought this place was a greasy spoon and not much to look at. But it was about the only place open in the area, so we went back and stood in line and ordered. You can also order and eat inside - there's an entrance on the left, and plenty of tables.

Favorite Dish: The doughboys! OMG! I'd never had one. So greasy and sugary and goo-od! Yum. Bring some back to your hotel, but eat them the same day cuz they get stale fast, not like Krispy Kremes.

The stuffies (stuffed quahogs - clams) are also quite yum - first ones I'd had of those as well. To balance out the massive fat and calorie intake, I got a large salad. Fine as far as salads go.

Visit #2, 6 years later - I'd had recurring fantasies about this place and the doughboys, so it was one of the reasons for our return trip to Narragansett. Get the clam cakes and chowda - dip one into the other - pure heaven! Also, you can get the doughboys 4 ways - plain, sugar, cinnamon sugar or powdered. Cinn sugar is the best! ;) And at 6/$3.99 they're a bargain - look for a coupon on the tourist map.

• Beaches

• Narragansett Hotels

12 Hotels in Narragansett

70 Reviews and Opinions

Instant Answers: Narragansett

Comments

Narragansett Travel Guide
Map of Narragansett