Know about this?
On April 18, 2006 they demolished the old bridge on the right side of this pic. It has always been a point of attraction as I bring yet another VTer to Newport.
It was quite strange when I first returned to Newport after the demolition as the view had forever changed. The old bridge was on the seaward side, your right as driving to Newport.
- Historical Travel
- Road Trip
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Newport Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Enkhuizen Hotels
- South Canaan Hotels
- Dalmatia - Sibenik Region Hotels
- Port Said Hotels
- Santa Elena de Uairén
- Honolulu Local Customs
- Ilha de São Miguel Local Customs
- Customs & Oddities
- Chernivtsi Local Customs
- Sacramento Local Customs
- Isla de Fuerteventura Local Customs
- Antigua and Barbuda Local Customs
- Czestochowa Local Customs
- Trinidad and Tobago Local Customs
- Melilla Local Customs
- Volgograd Local Customs
- Saudi Arabia Local Customs