Buskers, Newport

178 Thames Street 401-846-5846

Know about this? Rate It!

Me and my Blue Moon
    by Gypsystravels
    The bar
    by Gypsystravels
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Buskers: Nice Irish Pub with okay food and good drinks!

by Gypsystravels Updated May 6, 2012

The bar

During our most recent visit to Newport Ferni and I came here twice. The bar/restaurant is your typical Irish place with dark wood paneling, huge booths and tables scrattered around with a nice size bar. There is an upstairs as well, but we didn't make it up there, we stayed in the main level.

We arrived late evening and the place was packed with people eating and drinking and trying to warm up from the frigid temps outside. We wanted to sit at the bar but it was standing room only, so when a small booth opened up Ferni and I grabbed it. We had stopped in for a few drinks and to come in from the cold, so we decided to have two drinks max, we were tired and wanted to get to the hotel after a long day of exploring and shopping out in the cold.

The bar is nice with good, friendly attentive service and a good selection of drinks and beers. They do carry my Leffe Blonde but unfortunately that night they were all out. I had to settle for Blue Moon and Ferni had his Heineken.

We had a nice time warming up from the cold and talking about our upcoming trips. We always enjoy a nice drink and a chat.

• Beer Tasting