Yesterday's, Newport

28 Washington Square 401) 847-0116

Know about this? Rate It!

• Yesterday's
  • Yesterday's
    My Leffe
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Yesterday's: Drinks and some Dessert

by cjg1 Updated Feb 13, 2014

Apple pie with Vanilla Ice Cream

I have now been to Yesterday's on every trip to Newport with Liz. The bar is a comfortable place to relax and have a drink. It's also off the beaten path of the local bars that can get too crowded.

On our most recent visit it was a chilly day and we had just spent the past couple of hours walking around shopping. We ducked in here for an escape from the frigid cold, a drink and a snack. A beer and nachos were perfect to hit the spot

Dress Code: Casual

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Yesterday's: Our watering hole when we visit Newport

by Gypsystravels Updated May 6, 2012

I really enjoy having my Leffe Blonde

Yesterday's happens to be our favorite watering hole here in Newport and every single time we are in the area we always stop in to enjoy a drink or two.

The bar/restaurant is quite large, with two separate sections. There is a large bar to the right which is usually closed during off-peak season, and the main dinning area which has a nice bar smack in the middle of the restaurant. It's a nice place to hang out and grab a few drinks and even something to eat.

We usually stop in for a few drinks and other than my first visit many years ago, I haven't eaten here except for the clam chowder. I do like the fact they have my Leffe Blonde which happens to be my favorite beer.

On our most recent trip we had to stop in, but we were here earlier than usual and noticed that at sometime around 5:30 pm the place was a bit on the slow side. We actually prefer to hang out in the bar when it's not crowded, gives us a chance to chat and hear ourselves. Our routine is to usually hang out at the bar where we feel comfortable enjoying our drinks. The service is always friendly and efficient. The bar is located close to the shopping on Thames, which is a plus for us.

My drink of course is always my Leffe Blonde while Ferni will have his Heineken. It's a good place for us to spend a few hours after some shopping or visiting the mansions.

Dress Code: They carry my favorite beer, the Leffe Blonde, YUM!

• Beer Tasting