Newport What to Pack

Best Rated What to Pack in Newport

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

We pack lite for a weekend getaway!

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 31, 2009

A bit dressy for an evening out

Luggage and bags: Our stays are normally for a few days and a small roller board or weekend bag is enough to hold everything we need for those days.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: No matter what time of year you travel to Newport always have a sweater/jacket or a shawl (I usually have my pashmina) as the weather can be chilly. It's usually a casual weekend for us so we pack a few jeans, Ferni likes his dress shirts and will have one or two and I will take a casual sweater, or top. If I plan to do a lot of walking and exploring, I take along my casual flats and a pair of dresser shoes/sandals/boots.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: I take my atshma meds, shampoo and conditioner, body lotion, soap, hair accessories (clips and headbands) motrine, spare pair contact lenses, saline solution, glasses, sun glasses, perfume.

Photo Equipment: I take my camera of course, spare battery, spare memory card, and the charger for the battery

Miscellaneous: Don't forget an umbrella

• Castles and Palaces

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Don't Leave Home Without....

by cjg1 Updated Apr 17, 2009

Luggage and bags: A small rollaboard or overnight bag. Most of our trips are long weekend visits.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: We normally visit Newport in the Fall, Spring and Winter (for the holiday season). Clothing depends on the wether but we always come prepared if the weather turns chilly or it snows.

Comfortable shoes are a must since we like to walk the town and the sidewalks are often cracked or uneven.

Photo Equipment: Camera and...

Miscellaneous: Your Preservation Society Membership Card.

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

Always be prepared

by Herkbert Written Jun 19, 2009

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Make sure to bring a good pair of walking shoes for touring the mansions. Most of them have marble floors and that can be hard on your feet and back. Also, make sure you have good flat shoes if you are going to walk the Cliff walk. There is a stretch where you will not be walking on paved paths, so you'll want to be prepared.

While you're at it, a good wind breaker or light rain jacket will come in handy too. With the breeze and rain potential, you'll be glad you had one with you.

Photo Equipment: It goes without saying that you want to have plenty of film or digital storage for you camera and don't forget batteries.

Miscellaneous: A handy umbrella is always a good idea.

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Tennis Hall of Fame

by frankcanfly Written Feb 25, 2003

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Bring your Tennis gear, and visit the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
    Here, a mixed couple plays in 1940's outfits, with wooden rackets on a grass court.

• Adventure Travel

• cobrioc's Profile Photo

Packing List

by cobrioc Written Aug 24, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Newport is beautiful during the fall.September and October are two of the best months to visit since the summer gone, the weather is still great and ocean temps are still in te 60's.

Instant Answers: Newport

Comments

Newport What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Newport what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Newport sightseeing.