Asterisk, Newport

5 out of 5 stars 1 Reviews

599 Thames Street 401 841 8833

Mussels
  • Apple Crumble with a scoop of Vanilla on the side
    Apple Crumble with a scoop of Vanilla on...
    Cadou of Chocolate
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Asterisk: Among My Life's Tops

by cjg1 Updated Jan 21, 2010

Lamb Special.  2nd Best of my Life

I have a lot to say here. But the short version is that the meals here have been some of the best in my entire life. Liz and I have had some incredible dinners and even breakfast at Asterisk.

The restaurant is a nice size with a dining area and bar. The atmosphere is cozy and perfect for a romantic meal for two. The menu is filled with bistro type fare, incredible desserts and cocktails. There is always specials and take it from me they are very good; I usually chose an item from the special menu. The service here is very good; attentive without hovering.

Since our first visit we have returned to Asterisk on every visit to Newport. The food and service continues to impress us.

Favorite Dish: The food here was amazing. It is quite simply the second best lamb dish I've ever had .This one was served in a horseradish sauce with steamed carrots and asparagus. It also came with a potato cake that was quite good. Liz loves the mussels here and orders it religiously along with their creme brulee.

The start of the show was of course the desserts. I ordered the apple crumble which was served in a tall glass. Three layers each of apple crumble and then homemade whipped cream that was quite divine. I had expected it to be in a bowl and as such had ordered a side scoop of vanilla ice cream that was quite good as well. The apple fritters from our last visit were incredible! Liz even had some from my plate they were that good!

Breakfast here is very good with delicious eggs, potatoes and apple smoked bacon.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Newport

Comments

Hotels Near Asterisk
4.0 out of 5 stars