Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant, Newport

140 Thames Street 401-849-6334

Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant
    by Jim_Eliason
    Enjoying my breakfast with my Ferni
    by Gypsystravels
    Large bison on the wall, poor thing
    by Gypsystravels
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant: Enjoying our Sunday Brunch

by Gypsystravels Updated May 6, 2012

French toast

We've been here a few times and during this particular trip, we had lunch one day and then Sunday Brunch the following morning as it was pouring outside and we weren't in the mood to go looking for another place to eat.

The restaurant is quite large and gets very crowded. It has a really nice pubby atmosphere with all the walls filled with all sorts of photos, many of which are sports related. There is a front dinning area as soon as you enter the restaurant, then the bar and to the side another dinning area with a large truck in the middle of the dinning area. It is here where they have the salad bar. If you past the bar you continue to walk with a small area with booths on each side, and at the end of that area is a larger dinning area, with a large bison head mounted on the wall.

They have a pretty large selection of items for brunch/lunch and dinner. The wait staff is quite nice and the service was excellent. You get free drink refills as well, but only non-alcoholoic.

You may need to wait a bit as this restaurant gets quite crowded, but the food and service is worth the wait.

Favorite Dish: For brunch I had the French Toast which came with yummy authentic syrup and a side of assorted fruit, I also orderd a side of bacon. Ferni had the steak and scrambled eggs, with fries and a side of fruit as well as toast. Ferni said his meal was good as the steak was cooked to his liking, my French toast was excellent and way too much, so I left half of my breakfast.

For lunch I had the calamari which was excellent, Ferni had chicken fingers which he said were very good.

We will definitely come back to this restaurant during our next visit.

• Beer Tasting

• sarabee's Profile Photo

Brick Alley Pub: Brick Alley Pub

by sarabee Written Aug 25, 2002

Family-friendly, but also a great date restaurant. Huge salad bar, amazing margaritas, massive menu! There are a million restaurants in Newport, but this is the one I always return to.

Favorite Dish: NACHOS! The nachos here are consistently voted the best in Rhode Island.

Instant Answers: Newport

Comments

Hotels Near Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant
4.0 out of 5 stars