Puerini's Ristorante, Newport

Puerini restaurant
    by Herkbert
    Pasta with sausage
    by cjg1
    My soda and Liz's warm water
    by cjg1
  • Herkbert's Profile Photo

Puerini's Ristorante: Delicious homemade pastas

by Herkbert Updated Apr 4, 2011

Puerini restaurant

Puerini's is a smaller restaurant, with two floors and room for outdoor dining. The restaurant isn't big on decorations or ambience, but the service and food more than makes up for that. Personally, I go to restaurants for good food, not to look at what's hanging on the walls.

The restaurant makes its own pasta, which was delicious. The menu is small but still has lots of choices. The food was all of good quality from the fresh salad to the creamy tiramisu. The wine list provided good matches to the food they were serving.

We enjoyed the friendly and attentive service.

I would recommend that you drop in for a nice, Italian meal if you're in the area.

Favorite Dish: My homemade pasta with a vodka blush sauce was delicious.

• Architecture

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Puerini's: Never Again!

by cjg1 Updated Nov 5, 2008

Pasta with pesto

We were told by some people at the Inn that this was a good Italian place. Liz knew where it was so we decided to try it out. We ordered beverages and that was the begining of the bad experience. Liz asked for ice tea, they didn't have it so she asked for sparkling water. She was given a botle and a glass. The water was warm and they didn't give any ice. Next came to bread and olive oil for the table. The bread was flavorless and the olive oil had a moldy, bitter taste to it...yuck! Liz ordered the rigatoni with fresh pesto. This also had a biter moldy taste to it. I ordered the pasta with hot sausage. It was alright, nothing to rave about.

After this awful culinary experience we will not return here again for a meal.

• puerinis: best italian (take it from one)

by nptvisitor Written Oct 7, 2004

we go here every year for past 11 years and it is consistant. it is so great take it from an italian that lives in the nyc area!
    another favorite i have to mention is brick alley pub, really excellent, all around also.

Favorite Dish: puerinis, anything is great!

Instant Answers: Newport