Red Parrot, Newport

• Red Parrot
    by cjg1
  • Red Parrot
    by Gypsystravels
  • the red building just left of center is it.
    the red building just left of center is...
    by cjg1
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Red Parrot: Good Food

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 6, 2008

Newport has many places to eat. We decided to stop here during our visit in July 2005 and cool ourselves off in the air conditioned dining area. The service was friendly, and the food was good, but nothing special.

This is a popular three-story restaurant with an airy feel to it. There is a huge menu selection with frozen specialty drinks and of course dessert. Sip a yummy frozen margarita while you wait for your food to come out.

There is definitely something to please everyone.

Favorite Dish: I can't recall what I had for lunch, but I believe it was a seafood quesadilla. I do recall the burgers and fries at the table next to us looking quite tempting though. Some of the specialty drinks were intriguing too.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

The Red Parrot.: Not Quite the Best Restaurant/Bar in town

by cjg1 Updated May 1, 2006

This is the best bar/restaurant in town. Or so I used to think. They are famous for their frozen drinks. But on multiple occations lately I have sensed a down turn in the quality of said drinks.

Sadly the same goes for the food lately as well. Hopefully its just a series of unfortunate food and drink events. But one never knows for sure and everyone has their limit before they wont come back. I am not yet there. But understand if you choose a different place or come back and tell me it was great.

• Odonnell3's Profile Photo

The Red Parrot: A Favorite of Newport

by Odonnell3 Written Jul 18, 2004

The famous Red Parrot is definitely a restaurant you don't want to miss, especially if you are traveling with children. Three floors accomodates the crowds, no long waits, and most importantly delicious food!

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the Lobster Ravioli and my husband had the Coconut Shrimp. Both excellent. The kids menu was typical of any restaurant which was perfect for our daughter.

Instant Answers: Newport

Comments

Hotels Near Red Parrot
4.5 out of 5 stars