Rhode Island Quahog Co. - CLOSED, Newport

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Rhode Island Quahog Co. - CLOSED: Great Scallops

by cjg1 Updated Apr 9, 2012

Scallops wrapped in bacon

The Rhode Island Quahog Company has become a must for every trip we take to Newport. On our first visit here we fell in love with the scallops wrapped in bacon and return for them as much as we can.

The place itself is a nice size with plenty of seating indoor and outdoors(weather permitting). We've always had good service and never felt rushed. I like that it's close to the Wharf and always in walking distance of wherever we stay. The menu has some good appetizer, salad and entree choices along with some good beer choices. I like coming her for lunch or a snack when it's less crowded.

Favorite Dish: The scallops here flat out amazing. We also have had some calamari which was good but the scallops are the favorite dish for me here. The bacon wrapped ones off the appetizer menu. Liz likes their caesar salad and she claims it is one of the better ones she has had when dining out.

Once again we came here because it was on the idine list. And as seems to be our course in life we found a really amazing item on the menu that is so good it will bring us back just to have more of them.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Rhode Island Quahog Company: Clam Chowder!!

by Gypsystravels Updated Dec 16, 2007

I was walking around Newport doing some shopping and needed something to tie me over til dinner time. I passed this place which was quite crowded and decided to walk in and see what they had to offer. I wasn't dissappointed. They have a large selection of fresh seafood and many dishes.

I decided to go light and try their Clam Chowder...boy was it delicious.

Favorite Dish: Their Clam Chowder was creamy and oh so delicious.

Instant Answers: Newport