Yesterday's and the Place, Newport

by cjg1
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Yesterday's Ale House: Our favorite pub in Newport

by Gypsystravels Updated Dec 22, 2014

The bar/restaurant is located at Washington Square and very close to central Newport. Its a really nice place to enjoy a meal or just drinks. We always make it a point to stop in here on all our visits. The atmosphere is very comfortable, the food is good. They use to serve my favorite beer a Belgium Leffe Blonde, but sadly that last few times I have visited they didn't have it.

We have enjoyed a few beers at the bar as well as some yummy lunch. I like the casual and relaxed feeling atmosphere, not to mention that the bartender always remembers us, which is a nice touch.

They have daily specials which all look quite scrumptious as well as a large selection of your usual pub fare. On my first visit I ordered the "Asian Wonton with Sesame Dipping Sauce" mmmmmmmmmm....We've also had many other items from their daily special menu and the French Onion soup is a must for my love.

*Note* Pre-Movie specials from Sunday thru Thursday 4 pm - 6pm all entrees are only $12.95

Favorite Dish: A Leffe Blonde Ale (or two or three, lol). Anything else on the menu. Depends on my mood, but I have had their burger, very juicsy, the Asian Wonton with Sesame Dipping Sauce, soups and their chicken tenders on all his visits.

Exterior of restaurant My Leffe Blonde Ale French onion soup Waiting for my lunch 11/14
    • Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Yesterday's: Yesterday's

by cjg1 Updated Feb 11, 2014

This is always a nice place to grab a drink and a snack at the bar or enjoy a meal. Yesterday's is located in Washington Square which makes it rather easy to walk to from most of the area hotels and very close to shopping on Thames.

My wife and I always enjoy stopping in when we are staying in Newport. The atmosphere is nice and casual; we can always just relax and enjoy. The menu here has pub grub favorites as well as more substantial entrees. We really enjoy their nachos and burgers. The apple pie here is also a good choice for a sweet finish to a meal. They have a large variety of beers including many local drafts such as Newport Storm. Their cocktail list is quite good and my wife has enjoyed several of their Martinis; the Lemon Drop being her favorite.

Our most recent trip here was in February 2014. We had just finsihed some shopping on Thames and were looking for a snack to tide us over until dinner. We were also happy to escape the frigid winter weather outside and get warm with a drink. We had a seat at the bar; which we usually prefer. We both decided to have some beer and split an order of nachos. As always the nachos are very good; always with plenty of tasty cheese and sour cream on the side. This was just the right amount of food to make us warm and keep hunger at bay until our dinner later that night.

This is always a good place to grab a good meal. Service here is very good, food is tasty and it doesn't break the bank price wise. I always look forward to our next visit.

Nachos My Leffe Liz's Lemon Drop Martini

Instant Answers: Newport

Comments

Hotels Near Yesterday's and the Place
4.0 out of 5 stars