Country Kettle Fudge, Newport

359 Thames Street (401) 849-2228

Know about this? Rate It!

Kettle Bear
    Exterior of shop
    Salt Water Taffy
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Country Kettle Fudge: Country Kettle Fudge

by cjg1 Updated Apr 10, 2012

I honestly can't remember what brought us into the shop the first time but we are glad we did. I have since learned this is a mini chain of fudge and taffy shops with locations in MA, RI and NJ. I never would have guessed that when I walked in. They have a huge selection of Taffy and also chocolate and fudge everything. Our favorite treat though are the Elephant Ears; tasty sugar and cinnamon round pastry. The shop in NJ make sthem as well and my wife has been enjoying them since she was a child.

This place has become a stop for us on our recent trips to Newport. We like to get some chocolate treats and Elephant ears to nibble on in our suite.

What to buy: A white chocolate lobster of course..... for about $1.65.
    Three Elephant Ears for $7

Exterior of shop Large Penut Buter Cups White Chocolate Lobsters Kettle Bear Salt Water Taffy

• Country Kettle Fudge: Disgusted with the Service.

by ajpauline Written May 25, 2015

I was in your store in Newport, Rhode Island yesterday, and I am disgusted at the way I was treated. Upon entering the store I felt completely uncomfortable, the two females working were texting, laughing and acting childish, from what I could see, I was asked "Hi, How are you today?" and I answered back "Hi" which made both of the girls laugh, I don't see how this was funny. After this I heard the women sitting in the back say under her breath "Oh yeah I am good thanks for asking" which both girls then laughed at again. I was disgusted, I would never treat one of my customers this way. I would never talk about a customer like that in front of them. I was so angry that I said I wouldn't buy from this fudge shop and went on to the next one which was much nicer and friendlier. I wanted to let you know this because I may not have said anything to either of the girls, but if they act like this all the time, someone might.

Instant Answers: Newport