Stores, Malls or Markets in Newport

• Shopping
    by cjg1
  • Shopping
    by cjg1
    A few of my many presents
    by Gypsystravels

Most Viewed Shopping in Newport

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Bellevue Gardens Shopping Center

by Basaic Written Jan 2, 2015

If you are looking for an old-fashioned alternative to the modern shopping mall, look no further than the Bellevue Gardens Shopping Center where they combine architecturally interesting buildings with an eclectic collection of shops.

Bellevue Gardens Shopping Center Bellevue Gardens Shopping Center

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Alex & Ani: Bracelets - One of many birthday presents

by Gypsystravels Updated Dec 8, 2014

Alex & Ani are artisanal pieces of merchandise (jewelry and other items) that use the concept of sustainability. They have stores around the US and many of their jewelry can be found in large department stores as well as their own stores.

I was told by the sales girl that the location here in Newport was the first shop to open in the country. The store has two levels of merchandise divided by collections. I love their pieces with simple design and concept. The bangles, which are their most popular items are very affordable ranging from $28-$38 to the more expensive ranging up to about $200.

They carry a wide selection of other items from jewelry (earrings, necklaces, rings) to handbags and a small selection of clothing.

What to buy: For me, spending quality and alone time with a loved one is the best gift anyone can get. But, my fiancé went all out this year for my 50th birthday with a large celebration with family and friends, along with some other amazing surprises. I didn't want or expect anything else, but when my fiancé came across the Alex & Ani store here in Newport he couldn't resist an impromptu purchase of a few new bracelets to add to my collection.

What to pay: Prices are reasonable and if you join their email you can get some nice discounts. We paid $28 and $38 respectfully for the two purchases. They also have a monthly item at a special price.

In the store with my new bracelets Happy with my gifts A few of my many presents
    • Photography
    • Castles and Palaces

• cjg1's Profile Photo

White House Black Market: Women's Clothing & Dresses

by cjg1 Updated Aug 21, 2013

WHBM is a new addition to the shops in Newport. My wife is a fan of this store and always finds some nice clothes whether it's a dress or something more casual. On this occasion we stopped in because of a dress in the window. It was a black halter dress with blue flowers.

We wnet inside and inquired about the dress. A salesgirl found my wife's size and showed her to a dressing room. While she was trying on the dress; I was out hunting for some more options. I found a polka dot dress and a flowered skirt in my hunt. I brought these back to the dressing room for my wife. Needless to say she loved both dresses and the skirt. The items were reasonably prices with the skirt being $98, the polka dot dress was $128 and the flowed halter dress was $178. We received 20% off the purchase with a coupon my wife had received in the mail along with her ususal 5% discount. Not a bad deal...

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Arianna: Dead Sea Products

by cjg1 Updated Aug 21, 2013

After we had some lunch we decided to do some shopping. This store in particular caught my wife's eye due to the cupcakes in the window. They weren't real cupcakes but bath bombs made into cupcake shapes. When we entered the store a salesman came up to us pitching a line about the Dead Sea products in the shop. I'm not one to go for the "big sales pitch". My wife allowed him to show her some products and demonstrate some of their benefits. She really liked one of their salt scrubs and decided to purchase it. $178 salt scrub was ridiculous to me; but she wanted it. After getting back to the hotel later that night; she had me try the scrub. Wow, it was really good but I still don't think it's worth the price.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

shops in brick marketplace area

by Pawtuxet Written Mar 31, 2008

So many neat little shops along your way at the waterfront and brick marketplace area. For me it's a saturation of design, architecture, history, cobblestone streets and retail. Love the buildings...don't forget to look up at the tops above the store windows.
    My guest from California chose an inexpensive soulvenir shop for 3 sweatshirts for $22...quite a bargain in the off season....but you could also find some wonderful jewelry by a silversmith or pottery, dishware, and plenty of watering holes along the way.
    Summertime brings a zillion tourists, so be prepared for the traffic, parking problems and crowds if you arrive in July.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

This shop has since closed (updated 10/06): Doggy shop

by Gypsystravels Updated Oct 24, 2006

At the moment I can not for the life of me remember the exact name of this shop, I am sure I have a business card at home somewhere.

Anyway, I love doggy specialty shops, and this one was no exception. Quite small but with really cute things like this little "doggy bathing suit". The majority of their goods were clothing, carry bags, frames, books and of course clothing.

I just couldn't believe that they had bathing suits for the pups. Too cute.

What to buy: Anything a little pampered pet would want.

Doggy Bathing suit

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

clothing, jewelry, pottery, glass, nautical....: Shop, drink, eat, soak in some sun....

by Pawtuxet Updated Jul 15, 2004

There are so many shops in this group of stores, it would take you a couple of days to cover all of it. Wander along the brick sidewalks, stop for ice cream, lunch, or a beer, enjoy the sunshine...wander....
    It's always breezy there...so bring a sweater on a mild day. Lots of treasures to choose from. Inexpensive to pricey... you can find it...and if not, then hike up hill a way where there are antique shops and other marvels to be found.

walking the Brick Market district

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Hampton Inn & Suites
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Instant Answers: Newport

Comments

Newport Shopping

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Newport locals.
Map of Newport