Newport Mansion Stores, Newport

Know about this? Rate It!

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Newport Mansion Stores: Christmas Ornaments and more....

by cjg1 Updated Jan 21, 2010

There is a Newport Mansion store at Bannister's Wharf and locations at the mansions. The stores carry books, housewares, christmas ornaments, children's toys, bath products, jewelry and post cards. The store has a large book selection covering the history of Newport, architecture, famous Newport residents, children's books and nautical tales. Liz and I always stop into this location to get postcards, books or an ornament.

What to buy: Our last visit to the store we bought two Christmas ornaments: a train and a handpainted ball. I also bought a book about the history of Newport.

What to pay: The book was $6.50. The ornaments were $15 and $12.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Newport Mansion Store at Bannister Wharf: Nice gifts especially for the holidays

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 2, 2009

Author posing with my purchase

I always make it a habit to visit the Newport Mansion Stores, whether I busy something or not. I have purchased some nice presents here, including some Christmas ornaments, books, postcards and during this particular trip, an autographed book from a children's writer for my Prince Leo.

The author, who's name escapes me at the moment, was authograhing books of series "Puma" her cat. The books are based on her cat and the wonderful thing about her books are that they all take place in Newport.

What to buy: I purchasd Leo "Puma sight sails the harbour" a wonderful story based on Puma's experience along Newport Harbour. The author has a few other books which were quite nice. The book was $15 and is an excellent addition to Leo's collection of books based on locations I love and have visited!

Instant Answers: Newport