Newport Mansion Stores, Newport

Know about this? Rate It!

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Newport Mansion Stores: Christmas Ornaments and more....

by cjg1 Updated Dec 8, 2014

There is a Newport Mansion store at Bannister's Wharf and locations at the mansions. The stores carry books, housewares, christmas ornaments, children's toys, bath products, jewelry and post cards. The store has a large book selection covering the history of Newport, architecture, famous Newport residents, children's books and nautical tales. Liz and I always stop into this location to get postcards, books or an ornament.

Our most recent visit was in December 2014 and my wife found some nice Nautical themed Christmas items for our beach house. One item I really liked was a Christmas tree made of star fish and covered with a sparkle type paint. It was very nice and a resonable price of $20.95. They even packed it nicely in layers of bubble wrap to ensure safe transport home.

What to buy: Our last visit to the store we bought two Christmas ornaments and a tree made of starfish.

What to pay: The ornaments were $15 and $12. the tree was $20.95

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Newport Mansion Store at Bannister Wharf: Nice gifts especially for the holidays

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 2, 2009

I always make it a habit to visit the Newport Mansion Stores, whether I busy something or not. I have purchased some nice presents here, including some Christmas ornaments, books, postcards and during this particular trip, an autographed book from a children's writer for my Prince Leo.

The author, who's name escapes me at the moment, was authograhing books of series "Puma" her cat. The books are based on her cat and the wonderful thing about her books are that they all take place in Newport.

What to buy: I purchasd Leo "Puma sight sails the harbour" a wonderful story based on Puma's experience along Newport Harbour. The author has a few other books which were quite nice. The book was $15 and is an excellent addition to Leo's collection of books based on locations I love and have visited!

Author posing with my purchase

Instant Answers: Newport