Safety Tips in Newport

Most Viewed Warnings and Dangers in Newport

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Newport when it Snows

by cjg1 Written Mar 3, 2015

Our most recent visit was during the first weekend in March 2015. Of course there was already tons of snow on the ground from this terrible winter we are having and then we got another storm while we were in Newport.

The sidewalks in most places are poorly shoveled an have dangeous ice chunks as well. Even on Bellvue Avenue and many of the popular walking streets had dangerous conditions. I had my wife hold onto me tightly to keep here from taking a fall.

We stayed over during the Sunday snow storm and boy was it interesting. The wind and snow made the visibility terrible even for walking so we decided to stay in for dinner and eat at the Hyatt. It was amazing to see how bad the plowing is in this area the next day;it made for an interesting drive out of Newport.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

It is so great here

by cjg1 Updated Mar 14, 2008

I don't ever want to leave. There is something about this town I just like. Never have been able to willingly leave. The Mansions. The history. The water. My kind of beach. Cold and foggy.

Newport keeps me coming back.

• Architecture

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

Traffic and crowds

by mikelisaanna Written Apr 22, 2006

While Newport is a fascinating town, with tons of things to see and do, it can also get extremely crowded in the summer. Traffic and parking can become headaches in some sections of the town, making a visit to Newport less than restful. We prefer to visit Newport in the spring and fall, when the crowds aren't as thick, but the weather is still decent.

Newport Hotels

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Admiral Fitzroy Inn
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Newport

Comments

Newport Warnings and Dangers

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Newport locals.
Map of Newport