Providence Restaurants

• Several costumed mannequins around the restaurant
    Several costumed mannequins around the...
    by Pawtuxet
  • Restaurants
    by Ewingjr98
  • Restaurants
    by Ewingjr98

Most Recent Restaurants in Providence

Brickway on Wickiden: Worth the wait for breakfast

by LionPrincess Written Jun 5, 2003

On a rainy Memorial day we waited for twenty minutes in a packed little waiting area with a number of other happily soaked patrons for a seat at this tiny restaurant. When it was our time, we were escorted to a small retro/diner table tucked along the wall. The decor was cheery with brightly painted walls and Brickway hats and T-shirts adorning the walls. The servers were extremely prompt and courteous. While it would have been nice to hang around for a while, it's hard to forget that there are still lots of people waiting their turn to experience the food and as quickly as we came, it was time to go.

Favorite Dish: Originally I was ready for a nice hot cup of coffee, the hot chocolate heaped with whipped cream and chocolate sauce caught my eye as we waited for a seat and I was sold. It tasted just as good as it looked. Somehow the day didn't seem as cold and wet with this warm drink in my hands, not to mention it makes you feel like a kid again. Next we shared a bowl of fresh fruit. Each piece was fabulous, crisp and sweet; a tasty way to start. Another pre-meal treat was the double stack of chocolate chip and banana pancakes. This combination works well, the bananas were soft and sweet and complimented the melted chocolate and butermilk of the pancakes. For the main course we couldn't decide on what looked the best, so we decided to share. One plate came out with a traditional eggs benedict and the other was a twist on the same with salmon, tomato and spinach. Both of the meals were done well, proportions generous and the hash browns an excelent compliment.

CAV: Ambiance abounds

by LionPrincess Written May 8, 2003

I have only been here once, but from the moment I walked in the door, I wanted to come back. It's like antique shopping while you eat. The restaurant is housed in an ols brick building. Indian rugs cover the tables and art, tapestries, lamps, chairs, figurines, cover everything else. When you walk in the door, be prepared to encounter friendly, patient and professional staff who will attend to your every need. After that you will be forced to sellect something off of the menu, which may be somewhat dificult with such an apetizing selection. Never fear, everything that was served came out just as the menu had promised and the only fault was that my eyes were so much bigger than my stomach. We had the plesant opportunity to meet the owner who spoke to us at great legnth about the love she has for this unique place. Even if we hadn't met her that day, her dedication to this place shows in every detail.
    I would very much like to see the place in the delicate light of the evening, for dinner, or even just for a drink at the bar. Poetry readings and live music can also be found here.

Favorite Dish: Sunday Brunch: Peach Belini, Brie and fresh fruit, French toast with apples and a butterscoch syrup, Crab cakes, coffee.
    Every bite was excellent. The apples, bananas and strawberries were firm and carefuly placed on the plate. Our meals were also beautiful to look at and tasted incredible. The thick French toast was stacked high with whole cinnamon sticks to garnish. The crab cake was a generous portion and combined delicious flavors of bell peppers, onions, crab and dressing without emphasizing too much on any one taste. Of course brunch wouldn't be complete with a fizzy belini and the coffee has to be some of the best I have had in a long while. Nothing I wouldn't wish to repeat at least a few dozen more times.
    Hours
    11am-9pm Mon-Thu; 11am-midnight Fri-Sat, 10am-9pm Sun

Good Friends at Diner
    • Architecture

Pastiche: Sugar High

by LionPrincess Written May 8, 2003

A little coffe house/dessert place near Federal Hill, in Providence. They have probably about 50 seats in their tiny dining room, with a great fireplace. One whole wall holds all of the intricate and beautiful desserts, as well as the coffe and tea selections. I've never heard of someone not loving this place, if there is anything sweet that you desire, there's a good chance you can find it here.
    Hours
    • Tue - Thu 8:30am to 11pm; Fri - Sat 8:30am to 11:30pm; Sun 10am to 10pm

Favorite Dish: Hazlenut Torte and Mochachino. This dessert was a delight to eat, concern for calorie intake was immediately thrown out the window, once I had my first bite. The large fresh coffe was a perfect compliment to the flavors of the pastry.

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• giampiero6's Profile Photo

Blue Point: Fantastic Seafood and Excellent Wine List

by giampiero6 Updated Sep 9, 2002

This resturant on college hill in Providence is an amazing seafood extravaganza. Everything is really fresh and wonderful. Their wine list is one of the best in North America. If you like seafood, do not miss this restaurant.

• NYMansour's Profile Photo

Kabob & Curry: Kabob & Curry

by NYMansour Written Aug 26, 2002

Good Indian cuisine, and a very nice owner & wait staff. Cool drawings of Indian men on the second floor. I think the owner drew them. Second floor has more in the way of artistic things. You may wish to sneak a peek if you like Indian related art.

Favorite Dish: Tandoori Chicken

• Warren47's Profile Photo

Favorite restaurant is...

by Warren47 Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite restaurant is Caserinos on Federal Hill but there are many, many to choose from, all within walking distance of the central district.
    Open to sidewalk in warm weather.

Favorite Dish: Veal with lightly sprinkled mozzerella cheese, tiny shrimp, prociutto ham and garlic in a light wine sauce.

• SueRivet's Profile Photo

Apsara: Apsara

by SueRivet Written Aug 25, 2002

This wonderful restaurant serves excellent Thai, Cambodian, and Vietnamese cuisine. Hot and sour soup 1.50, Tom Yum 7.50, Pad Thai 5.25, for example. No liquor license, but you can BYO if tea is not your thing. Closes mid-week around 10PM.

Favorite Dish: Tom Yum soup, Pad Thai, Hot and sour soup

• outabout's Profile Photo

Some of my favorite...

by outabout Updated Aug 24, 2002

Some of my favorite restaurants in the Providence Area are: Cheesecake Factory at the Providence Place Mall, Dave & Buster's also at the Mall, Fire & Ice--Yep--at the mall. For a more authentic 'little Italy' feel take the trolly to Federal Hill (Atwells Ave). Make sure you have lunch at Cafe Mediteranio or Dinner at Eclectic Grille. Looking for a delicious desert? Try Shalo's Bakery or Pastiche--mmmm...mmmmm! ;) One of the best chinese restaurants in my opinion is CHEF HO'S (also located on Atwells Ave). There are SO many wonderful/beautiful restaurants up here it is too hard to choose a favorite. On Atwells Ave you can find: Italian, Chinese, Thai, Caribbean, European, Mexican, American and Creole food! So when are you coming down? :)
    Cafe Mediteranio is VERY European. They have tables outside during the warmer months and on the weekend live latin/salsa/world music upstairs. There is also a restaurant called Angelo's. Angelo's is a Federal Hill landmark. It has been there for over 50 years. It has the feeling of eating in someones kitchen. Delicious food and a great time. A little ways down Atwells Ave is a place called Montego Bay made to look like the Caribbean. The new Aqua Viva restaurant is an electric, modern, European style bistro.

Favorite Dish: At Cafe Mediteranio I would suggest the white chicken breast with their homestyle mashed potatos and ceaser saled. Cheesecake Factory-EVERYTHING--but definitly one of their famous cheesecakes. Dave & Busters--the Cajun chicken sandwich. Chef Ho's---Chicken Lomein and Fried Rice. Shalo's---Zappolla or Cannolli. Pastiche---cheesecake brownie.

• SeaBreezeUSA's Profile Photo

Naissance Restaurant: Naissance Restaurant

by SeaBreezeUSA Written Aug 24, 2002

We had reservations in the back, so I did not see much of the restaurant. It was so crowded at all the eating places becasue of a festival, but I can say all the food was excellent. We had so much great food, I could not eat it all. I would highly recommend this place for the quality, quality and value.

Favorite Dish: Blackened Sesame Seed Tuna

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Geoff's Superlative...

by frankcanfly Written Sep 12, 2002

Geoff's Superlative Sandwiches.

The name got me in the door, the food will bring me back.

Instant Answers: Providence

Comments

Providence Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Providence restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Providence sightseeing.