Wickford Restaurants

Duffy's Tavern, Wickford, R.I. 2006
    Duffy's Tavern, Wickford, R.I. 2006
  • Stuffies at Duffy's Tavern, Wickford, R.I.  2006
    Stuffies at Duffy's Tavern, Wickford,...

Most Recent Restaurants in Wickford

Wickford Diner: Delicious Lobster Roll

by ForestqueenNYC Updated Apr 4, 2011

Wickford Diner, Wickford, RI  2006

Hours:
    Monday-Thursday 8am-3pm
    Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 8am-7pm

Gourmet Diner Faire and Fresh Seafood Served in Authentic Diner Setting

You can click on http://quahog.org below and search Wickford Diner for an article.

Favorite Dish: Lobster roll and french fries. The lobster was fresh and delicious and fries were nice and crispy. They may have been pealed and sliced there. If not they have a great supplier.

• Women's Travel

Duffy's Tavern & Restaurant: Stick With The Lobster

by ForestqueenNYC Updated Jul 15, 2006

Duffy's Tavern, Wickford, R.I.  2006

Although I had read on the internet that Duffy's Tavern had the best clam cakes around, I took the server's suggestion and ordered the stuffies. I am not a stuffies maven so I really can't make a knowledgeable judgement on them. But if they were crab cakes, I would have to give them a one star. The stuffies were mostly stuffing.

Now if you are wondering what a stuffy is check out the foodnetwork website at the bottom of the page and do a stuffie search. The stuffy I ate was nothing like the one described in the recipes I have read online. They all sound delicious.

I also ordered the seafood chowder. O'Dowd's in Roundstone, Ireland doesn't have to worry about this chowder giving it any competition. It was way too thick and there was no delicacy about it.

Stick with the lobster and other shell fish. You can't go wrong with these no matter where you go.

Favorite Dish: Lobster and other shell fish.

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Good seafood....served in salt air

by Pawtuxet Updated Jun 20, 2006

There are a few choices of restaurants in the midst of the shopping district. There are marshes, a small pond with overflow that runs under the road and across to the main cove, right in the center of the village. Restaurants in several locations take advantage of these views with outdoor tables so their customers can "take the air" while dining.

Don't Know The Name: Not Very Good

by ForestqueenNYC Written Jul 28, 2006
    Restaurant, Brown Street, Wickford, RI  2006

I don't know the name of this restaurant. Will update when I find out. Pleasant to sit outside, but the lobster roll isn't great. So far Wickford Diner has had the best lobster roll.

Instant Answers: Wickford

Comments

Wickford Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Wickford restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wickford sightseeing.