82 Queen, Charleston

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Queen 82: Eat in the Back Courtyard

by riorich55 Updated May 28, 2011

Sign Above Entrance

On our second night in Charleston which coincided with my birthday, I got to choose the restaurant for the evening. It was a very hot day for the end of September (at least the low 90's is very hot for me), so eating outside seemed like a natural. I had read a little bit about Queen 82 through a review here on VT and upon some additional research I figured that this was the right spot for us tonight with a nice little back Courtyard.

As with a lot restaurants in Charleston, there is usually a coupon for either She Crab soup or desert. I had a coupon for She Crab soup, so that's where we started our culinary adventure for the evening. I've had crab soup several times before, but I don't have it that frequently that I could compare this with others I have had. But it was a good way to start the evening along with a few southern type fruity alcoholic beverages. Pictures 2 and 3

Favorite Dish: I'm partial to seafood whenever we are near an ocean, so for my main course this evening I ordered a seafood medley which consisted of shrimp, crab and lobster in a cream sauce. It's been almost two years since we were there so I don't remember the exact name of the dish, but since restaurants change their menus quite often that really shouldn't matter. Anyway it was very good and with the soup and appetizer I shared with Sue, I could not finish my dinner. However that wasn't enough to keep me from ordering desert. Anyway my meal is shown under Picture #4. Since I want to share all the pictures of the food I will continue post the remainder of the food pictures in the Charleston Travelogue section. Good Eating!!

There is always room for desert, right?

• Architecture

• 82 Queen: Best anniversary dinner ever

by myca99 Written Oct 6, 2006

The food is absolutely great, but my favorite thing about this restaurant is its atmosphere. Lots of ambient lighting, big oaks and iron garden seating. It's truly romantic. We spent our 2nd anniversary there.

Favorite Dish: I had the shrimp and grits and it was amazing.

• nyonnetti's Profile Photo

82 Queen: The best shrimp and grits in town!

by nyonnetti Written Dec 2, 2008

This was one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at! For one thing the ambience is incredible! We ate outside in the courtyard and what a beautiful sight that is. I felt like I was in a secret, magical fairy garden! The food was delicious and the service exceptional.

Favorite Dish: Shrimp and grits! I also enjoyed the she-crab soup, which is apparently award-winning.

Instant Answers: Charleston

Comments

Hotels Near 82 Queen
4.0 out of 5 stars