California Dreaming, Charleston

4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 5 Reviews

• California Dreaming
    by WILDEFLOWER
  • dreamerofislands's Profile Photo

California Dreaming: Best View in Town!

by dreamerofislands Updated Aug 20, 2006

California Dreaming is THE best overall restaurant in Charleston. It has the best view, great food and casual, comfortable atmosphere.

They have a great bar and are open for lunch and dinner.

It is located on the Ashley River across from the Charleston Marina. You can come by car or boat. They have outside waterfront seating as well.

I have lived here all of my life and it is consistantly the best!

Favorite Dish: They have THE BEST salads which come with a home made croissant with an awesome honey glaze. The seafood nachos are also excellent! They also have a great selection of "boat drinks". I have had just about everything on the menu and have never been disappointed!

• Beaches

• WILDEFLOWER's Profile Photo

California Dreaming, Bubba...

by WILDEFLOWER Updated Jul 24, 2003

California Dreaming, Bubba Gump Shrimps and Noisey Oyster.
    California dreaming has anything you want to eat.

Bubba Gump Shrimp specializes in shrimp of course. They have the best service I've ever experienced.

Noisey Oyster is cozy and another unique atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Crab dip!(Noisey Oyster). Salad(California Dreaming). Appetizers(Bubba Gump Shrimp).

• California Dreaming: California Dreaming

by Stevel47 Written Sep 3, 2002

This restaurant is built to resemble a fort on the Ashely River overlooking the marinas. It is a very popular tourist restaurant. Prices are reasonable and the portions are large. But the lines to get in are usually always long during key dining periods. The restaurant is always very noisy if you like activity.

Favorite Dish: Super large chef salad or the Prime Rib.

• California Dreaming: Beautiful Views

by notdreaming Written Dec 16, 2008

We had reservations last night for 6:30pm for 6 people. We were on time. An appetizer was ordered and shared amongst us. We ordered our dinners. Which came with salads. The salads were brought to the table by 3 waiters/waitress. Just handed to each of us. Not placed in front of us. Three of us had not even finished our salads, when the dinners were brought out. The dinners were was again handed to us. Not placed in front of us on the table. The staff was walking away and my husband called them back, to remove the empty appetizer plate and any empty salad plates. So we could put our dinner plates down and not have to hold them. They removed all the salad plates, finished or not. They were very attentive to refilling our drinks. We were out of the restaurant in in our cars before 7:30pm. If you are into being rushed through your meal and having to deal with dirty dishes on the table, we highly recommend California Dreaming. The food itself was good. Just not good enough to bring us back again.

• matamis78's Profile Photo

California Dreaming: Will never go back.

by matamis78 Written Jul 13, 2008

The ambience was wonderful. With a view of the water from the inside of the of the restaurant. Service was OK. For an upscale restaurant I expected better service. And if you reserve over the phone ..you still have to reserve when you get there and have to wait till all of your party is with you before they will actually seat you. We waited an extra 1.5 hours for them to seat us. My husband ordered a filet and took one bite and didnt want to eat it. I forgot what i ordered but i didnt eat it either. It was horrible. I heard from some people you go there for the bread and the salads that's it. Well we didnt eat bread or salad. And it is not cheap. I will never go there again. I travel a lot and have tired difference foods but Charleston does not seem to please have that flavor to savor.

Instant Answers: Charleston

Comments

Hotels Near California Dreaming
3.5 out of 5 stars