High Cotton, Charleston

by VeronicaG
  • High Cotton
    by tpangelinan
  • VeronicaG's Profile Photo

High Cotton: Jazz While You Dine!

by VeronicaG Updated Sep 10, 2010

High Cotton

High Cotton was recommended for its 'low country cuisine', but we appreciated the Jazz* which wrapped it's cool tunes around us like a snug blanket!

I was ready to enjoy a juicy steak, so I ordered a filet with Cabernet reduction (three or more other juices/sauces could be selected)with mushrooms. It was tender and cooked to perfection.

Charleston's historic buildings have been restored with care to details and High Cotton's old wood floors and rustic ceiling fans fit in so well with the final product.

Sunday Brunch is highly praised, but we enjoyed a full Southern breakfast at our B&B each morning, so did not sample this option. Stop by if you plan visiting Charleston, you won't regret it!

*Jazz entertainment after 6pm nightly

• Singles
    • Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

High Cotton Restaurant: Great brunch!

by tpangelinan Written Oct 8, 2005

High Cotton on Bay Street

This was by far one of my favorite place to eat in Charleston, wonderful atmosphere, wait staff was on point, food was fabulous and well worth the price. The build was all thick wood floors, brick walls, high ceilings, lagre tall windows with great views. The seating was very comfortable, we would go back here for sure!

• Beer Tasting

• High Cotton Maverick Bar & Grill: Classy Place for After Dinner Drinks

by dzni Written Jul 9, 2005

This is actually a restaurant, but there's a classy wood-lined bar inside too. Live music was playing on a weeknight, which made this even better. It's almost too bad I didn't have with me my significant other, it would have been a wonderful evening. I had a port, which just hit the spot. Very nice, classy place for an after-dinner drink.

Instant Answers: Charleston

Comments

Hotels Near High Cotton
4.0 out of 5 stars