Sticky Fingers Restaurant, Charleston

• Sticky Fingers Restaurant
    by mr.bbqPA
    The Sticky Fingers
    by GUYON
    Even Bush is a client, like me
    by GUYON
  • melanief's Profile Photo

Sticky Fingers: The Best BBQ in the Southeast!

by melanief Updated Aug 14, 2007

Sticky Fingers

The building that houses Sticky Fingers was built in 1875. The hardwood pine floors are 100 years old. There are brick archways and cozy little nooks. Be prepared to have a good southern BBQ meal. Of course you will want to start off with sweet tea and some spinach and artichoke dip. Then it's time to settle in and do some serious eating. A slab of ribs with a couples sides - maybe baked beans and fries - and soon you will see why it's called Sticky Fingers. (They do provide wash cloths to clean up) The sauces are: Memphis Style Wet, Carolina Sweet, Tennessee Whiskey, HabaƱero Hot or Memphis Style Dry -- My favorites are Carolina Sweet and Memphis Style Dry.

Favorite Dish: If you can wait overnight for a delicious meal, then call or come in to order some beef ribs. They are only made when ordered; and since they have to smoke for several hours, you will have to come back later. We ate dinner at Sticky Fingers, then put in our lunch order - Beef Ribs -for the next day. We came back the next day at noon. To give you an idea of how big and meaty these ribs are, our family - 2 adults and 3 teenagers - were full after eating 6 ribs! (Dad two ribs, everyone else one rib) We were all stuffed!

• BradK1101's Profile Photo

Sticky Fingers Restaurant: Great Barbeque

by BradK1101 Written May 24, 2007

This is great barbeque. I visit Sticky Fingers every time I come into Charleston every year. The ribs are great. I really appreciate good barbeque since I am from the north, and good barbeque is scarce up here. The table service seems to be so-so, but the food is always superb.

Favorite Dish: Ribs or pulled pork.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Sticky Fingers Restaurant: BBQ

by Jim_Eliason Written Jan 1, 2007

Sticky Fingers

Going to the South and not eating BBQ is like going to the beach and avoiding the ocean. Sticky Fingers is one of Charleston's most famous BBQ joint. Be sure to try the Carolina Sweet sauce, it's awesome.

• Sticky Fingers Restaurant: Best ribs you can find

by myca99 Written Oct 6, 2006

The ribs at this place cannot be beat. We travel from Atlanta and we never miss a chance to eat at Sticky Fingers. The ribs fall right off the bone. It's honestly ruined me on any other restaurant's ribs. I just wait until I can get back to Sticky Fingers.

Favorite Dish: My favorite is Carolina Sweet!

• Sticky Fingers Restaurant: Not bad, but not the best

by mr.bbqPA Written Sep 30, 2006

This was my first time at a Sticky Fingers and it came highly reccomended from several people. Celebrities ate here including President Bush so I decided to check it out. My wife and I ate at this Sticky Fingers on a Tuesday (sept. 26) right at lunch time (noon.)

I orered the Rib lunch for around $8 (not bad!) and got a small plate of ribs, four on the bone St. Louis cut, and a side of beans and slaw. My wife ordered the chicken fingers and fries (can't remember the price) and two sweet teas. The service was alright, not earth shattering, when asked if it was our first time eating at Sticky Fingers we said yes only to have the waitress seem unsure of what to say next. She mentioned the diffence between one BBQ sauce and another. A little dissapointed, I tried the sauce variety myself.

A Honey colored BBQ, Tennessee Whiskey, Carolina BBQ and a Habenero Pepper BBQ sauce rounded out the selection left on our table. My ribs came out with Tenn. Whiskey.

I can say that the cut of rib, the St. Louis, was fantastic and the price for lunch was quite reasonable. The sauces were nothing special. My wife raved about the chicken fingers.

All in all I suggest you try Sticky Fingers, but don't expect 'knock the wall down' BBQ by any means.

• GUYON's Profile Photo

Sticky Fingers Restaurant: For the pork ribs

by GUYON Written Jul 28, 2006
    The Sticky Fingers

Sticky Fingers is a chain restaurant specialized on the pork ribs and the South cuisine.
    They provide to each client, not a napkin, but a green towel.

Favorite Dish: For two : pork ribs and salad + beverage : 26.80$ tax and tip included;

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Sticky Fingers Restaurant & Bar: Good food and service!

by tpangelinan Written Oct 9, 2005

Must eat here!

This is a great place to eat any meal, the ribs are the best and try the peace cobbler, yummy! Great atmosphere, beautiful wood floors and bar, service is great, highly suggest eating here! Go have fun and get messy, they don't care, they have warm handi wipes to clean up with!

• Business Travel