The Peninsula Grill, Charleston

5 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

• J.R. & Linda enjoying dinner @ the Pennisula Hotel
    J.R. & Linda enjoying dinner @ the...
    by LindaV
    My beautiful date for the evening.
    by Robachu1
  • Robachu1's Profile Photo

The Peninsula Grill: A Perfect Evening

by Robachu1 Updated Aug 20, 2005

My beautiful date for the evening.

The Peninsula Grill is first class in every way, sophisticated but with southern hospitality. The dining room is warm and intimate and full of activity. The staff is very attentive and our waiter, Jason, was both professional and friendly.
    The restaurant asks men to wear a jacket, which I did, but were not strict in enforcing this request. Actually I was glad to have a jacket since the air conditioner was on max. to combat the extreme heat of the South Carolina summer.
    To add to the special feeling of this Mobil 4 Diamond restaurant, Chef Robert Carter made a special point of greeting each guest. Kaoru and I were very pleased to meet him and congratulate him on his delicious creations.

Favorite Dish: Out total bill was $176.42 plus tip. We were able to keep the price down a bit by not ordering a bottle of wine. Instead we started with a glass of Nicholas Feuillatte Brut Rose Champagne each, then I had a couple of beers and Kaoru had a Tanqueray and tonic with our meal.
    Our meal began with the Jumbo lump crab salad w/ fried green tomatoes, followed by the seafood tart and oyster stew as appetizers.
    We stayed with seafood for our main dishes, Kaoru had the bourbon grilled shrimp and I had the largest grilled scallops I have ever seen.
    For dessert we decided to split a slice of the Peninsula Grills famous coconut cake which is the chef's grandmothers recipe and available for order and delivery on the restaurant's website.

Needless to say we were both extremely full by the end of the evening and welcomed the 5 block walk back to our hotel.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and loved being treated like VIPS for a couple of hours.

To view some of the dishes take a look at my travelogue on the Peninsula Grill!

• hslowe's Profile Photo

Peninsula Grill: Peninsula Grill

by hslowe Updated Aug 3, 2005

Nationally known, highly acclaimed, and damn good. Expensive, but worth it.

Favorite Dish: Everything is flawless, but the steak au poivre is a slice of heaven. It melts in your mouth. Wash it down with a Godiva martini.

• LindaV's Profile Photo

The Pennisula Hotel: A wonderful dining experience

by LindaV Written Feb 9, 2004
    J.R. & Linda enjoying dinner @ the Pennisula Hotel

A luxurious "old school" southern dining experience. The restaurant is beautiful and regal.

Favorite Dish: The food is great and the dessert is even better!

Instant Answers: Charleston

Comments

Hotels Near The Peninsula Grill
0 miles away