Columbia Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Columbia

al's upstairs: italian

by doug48 Written Dec 12, 2011
    al's upstairs

al's upstairs is a very good italian restaurant in west columbia. other than the food the main attraction is their upstairs window tables with a great view of the vista and downtown columbia skyline. al's upstairs offers steak, seafood, and northern italian cuisine. one of the better restaurants in the columbia area.

hudson's smokehouse: barbecue

by doug48 Updated May 20, 2011

hudson's smokehouse

in my opinion hudson's smokehouse is the best bar-b-que restaurant in the columbia area. they offer a excellent buffet that includes pulled pork, chicken, and catfish. the sides are too numerous to mention. the buffet costs around $ 10 for unlimited servings. hudson's has three locations in the columbia area. far and away the best dining value in columbia.

• doug48's Profile Photo

blue marlin: low country cuisine

by doug48 Updated May 12, 2011

blue marlin restaurant

the blue marlin is located in downtown columbia. the restaurant is in a building which was once columbia's train station. the blue marlin specializes in carolina low country cuisine. the menu is varied offering seafood, chicken, and steaks. i suggest the low country seafood dishes that are unique to the region. one of the better restaurants in downtown columbia.

longhorn steakhouse: steakhouse

by doug48 Written May 12, 2011

longhorn steakhouse

the longhorn steakhouse is a chain restaurant located in a historic wharehouse on gervais street. the longhorn offers steaks moderately priced. i usually don't write tips on chain restaurants but the longhorn is better than average. also the columbia longhorn has an excellent location in the heart of columbia's downtown restaurant and entertainment area.

Liberty Tap Room and Grill: great patio, huge restaurant

by shohman Updated Apr 4, 2011

We stopped here for lunch during a crazy day of marketing. What a great, relaxing place. They have several international beers on tap. We ate on the outdoor patio on a perfect day and it was very relaxing, good service and a nice atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: I just had a burger. The Guinness sure looked good.

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

California Dreaming: Eat in historic Union Train Depot

by 807Wheaton Updated Apr 4, 2011

We have eaten at California Dreaming in Columbia, SC many, many times. We always enjoy visiting the former historic Union Train station with its beautiful architecture and interior design. This place is always busy and very popular. We have never been disappointed with anything we have had there and the service is always top notch.

They are open 7 days a week.

Favorite Dish: Probably my husband's favorite is the ribs and mine is the nachos with cheese.
    Sometimes when I go with a gal friend we order a house salad which is huge and a nacho cheese plate and then share. Yum! So Good! Just ordering a house salad is plenty because they bring their wonderful glazed croissants out with it.
    Often we split an entre and then order a dessert, which we split. Their meals are huge!

Mojito's Tropical Cafe: Great Latin American Food

by m1nkey Written Sep 21, 2010

Great food Latin American style. The menu is varied and not the same as everywhere else. Plenty to chose from and all s freshly prepared. Deserts, sandwiches, plentiful entrees and salads. All home made and all uniquely flavored. Even the salad dressing are fresh made. If you are in Columbia near downtown then you must try Mojito's. Trust me I am very hard on restaurants and this place is wonderful.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Carrabbas Italian Grill: Carrabba's

by PinkFloydActuary Written Jun 20, 2009

We chose this place, not knowing it was a chain (most of the restaurants near our hotel turned out to be chain restaurants.) For those who aren't familiar - Carrabba's is slightly more upscale than the Olive Garden. The ambiance is definitely that of a fancier restaurant, but I didn't feel uncomfortable with the two kids in tow (although that may be because they seated us in the back away from everyone.) They do provide coloring books and crayons for the little ones, which is very helpful to me! For dinner, I tried the "Johnny" - a sampler of Sirloin Marsala, Chicken Bryan, and Mezzaluna Ravioli. All three items were awesome, and I would have been pleased with any of them individually. The kids and wifey split a pizza. In all, the food was very good, and served very quickly. I wouldn't hesitate going again.

Hampton Street Vineyard: great experience

by shohman Updated Apr 8, 2007

Fairly small place, but very popular, so it was packed when we got there. We sat at the bar and had a fantastic meal of pork medalions, asparagus and creamed sweet potato. Great presentation. A very nice bartender, and a great atmosphere. A bit pricey, but well worth it.

Favorite Dish: the pork medalions were fantastic.

Wild Hare Sports Cafe: Horrible, Horrible service

by shohman Updated Apr 8, 2007

After a very long day of marketing, my co-worker and I just wanted to have a couple of beers and a sandwich. I waited 20 minutes for my first pint. The waitress came back 4 times saying she forgot my Guinness. This went on all night with everything. Need a napkin? 10 minutes, need another beer? good luck. We ordered two sandwiches and it took an hour and 15 minutes to get them. The place was hardly packed. My head was ready to explode and my belly was aching with hunger by the time the waitress brought the food.
    Liberty tap is right accross the street, go there.
    NEVER GO HERE

maurice's: barbecue

by doug48 Updated Apr 7, 2007

maurice's piggy park

maurice's barbeque has been a columbia institution for 61 years. maurice's barbeque is made with an unique mustard based sauce. pictured is the original maurice's piggy park in west columbia. there are twelve locations in the columbia area. check out their website for locations and directions. the owner, maurice bessinger caused a stir several years ago when he refused to take down the old "stars and bars" south carolina state flag from his restaurants however, what ever your politics he makes an unusual and tasty product.

• doug48's Profile Photo

saludas: fine dinning in columbia

by doug48 Written Apr 7, 2007

saludas

saludas in located in the historic VFW club building in the five points section of downtown columbia. they offer american fare such as seafood, steaks and poultry. the restaurant has a refined atmosphere and the food is excellent. expensive for columbia standards but worth it.

• m1nkey's Profile Photo

Thai Lotus: Excellent Menu!!

by m1nkey Updated Dec 5, 2006

Great decor, a menu as large as a phone book and excellent service. Just see for yourself, and enjoy the atmosphere. The presentation and quality of the food was great. The price fit the level of service and I will definately go back.

• m1nkey's Profile Photo

Harper's: Casual or Fine dining?

by m1nkey Written Dec 5, 2006

Recently I had a nice meal at Harper's but I'm confused. The food was good but very overpriced. The service was ok but again not to the level of the prices. I have eaten at most of the casual and fine dining spots in Columbia Harper's should make up it's mind to either be casual and lower the prices. Or to be fine ding and upgrade the food and service.

Saluda's: Almost perfect

by m1nkey Written Dec 5, 2006

The decor, service and atmosphere were wonderful. The food was beautiful and mostly good. I got a tough steak, and instead of replacing it the cook just cooked it some more and whacked it with a mallet. I have been a cook for over thirty years and a tough cut is a tough cut. You should never BS your guests. I will probably go back, everyone gets a bad cut once in a while. They just should have done the right thing and given me another.

Instant Answers: Columbia

Comments

Columbia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Columbia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Columbia sightseeing.