Edisto Beach Things to Do

by WILDEFLOWER

Most Recent Things to Do in Edisto Beach

• Edisto Beach..peaceful place

by TNotes Written Jun 13, 2012

If you love the beach and not all the traffic and noise.....Edisto is the place for you! I love it there. No, there are no fast food chains, no major night life (ie clubs), no bowling alleys, no mini-golf or tons of shopping......if you want those things..you need to go to Myrtle Beach. But if you love the ocean breeze, a beautiful sandy beach, seashells and the sound of the waves......go to Edisto! It is one of the very few "gently developed" places left on the coast and I LOVE it there.

• Beaches
    • National/State Park
    • Photography

• You're in BFE!!!

by mycocoa Updated Jan 24, 2009

Ok, I'll put this plain and simple....
    There is absolutely NOTHING to do in Edisto Beach/Island...we were there for almost a week, worst vacation we ever took! Got there about 8 pm and by the time we checked into the condo the ONLY grocery store closed at 9 pm, so we had to drive 2 hours to nearest grocery store; we were starving so we had to find a grocery store; and don't even think about eating at a fast food/burger joint, they have NONE! I don't think they've even heard of Mickey D's or any other place! Seriously! The "shops"...what a joke! Maybe 5 shops total, and they close "about 4pm or before the sun goes down"...those are the exact words told to me by one of the shop owners. I asked if they were afraid of the dark...lol
    I've never seen sooo many churches in one town in my life! Now, I have nothing against religion of any kind, but come on, this is rediculus! Oh, I know what is is...there's absolutely nothing to do for entertainment...really, so they all get drunk then fill the churches asking for forgiveness! So to summarize, no movie theaters/rental places, bowling alleys, grocery stores, golf/mini golf, swimming pools, etc. Oh, and the condo where we stayed had a sign up to watch out for alligators roaming the area!! On a beach?? But yep they do have them, we saw 1. And there's only 1 way on and off the island...BE CAREFUL!!! There are DEER!! I almost hit 1...inches away from my front bumper, and I saw them every time I went out at night. They don't warn you about the deer, no signs up. And when we were looking for a grocery store the first night, we got lost on some back road...for over 3 hours, finally a cop came up behind me, i was driving soo slow because afraid a deer would jump out, the cop passed me so I flashed my lights several times trying to get him to stop and help me get out of there, and he kept going!! What if someone had kidnapped me/was holding a gun on me? Don't go here unless you you want to go somewhere that you'll never be found...great place for a hide out!

• Beaches
    • Spa and Resort

Instant Answers: Edisto Beach

Comments

Edisto Beach Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Edisto Beach things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Edisto Beach sightseeing.