Gaffney Restaurants

Peachoid
    by jmpncsu

Most Recent Restaurants in Gaffney

• jmpncsu's Profile Photo

FATZ: Good Food under the Giant Peach!

by jmpncsu Written May 17, 2014
    Peachoid

My wife and I stopped at FATZ in Gaffney, partly because it's under the Peachoid and partly because we wanted something relatively fast so we could get home. When we got inside, it was packed and there was quite a wait for a table. But they offered to sit us at the bar and we could order dinner from there. My wife got ribs and I got a burger. Everything was very good, including the complementary "dinner rolls" the bartender brought for us, that were more like cinnamon rolls - yummy! I was really impressed with how good the service. The bartender who waited on us took great care of us and got everything out quickly. We were coming home from a trip and didn't want to spend a lot of time eating and they accommodated us well. And after dinner, I got a picture of the Peachoid from the parking lot!

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Daddy Joe's: Very Nice "Beach" Place

by Basaic Written Jun 19, 2013

Daddy Joe's

$12 as of September 2011. Daddy Joe's goes for a beach type atmosphere, even though the ocean is not nearby. There is outdoor seating and inside is all rough, faded wood, old license plates and old video games like Pacman. Jeans and T-shirts abound and much of the clientele is fairly young. They specialize in Barbecue and Seafood but they also serve steaks, chicken and a variety of other items. They serve a variety of beers and a few wines, too. Hours are 11 AM to 10 PM Monday through Thursday; and 11 AM to 11 PM Friday and Saturday. They are closed on Sunday.

Favorite Dish: I had Flounder and "Calabash" style Shrimp that was quite good.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• doug48's Profile Photo

daddy joe's beach house: BBQ

by doug48 Written Jul 13, 2009

daddy joe's beach house BBQ

daddy joe's beach house BBQ is a very good bar-b-cue restaurant in gaffney. daddy joe's serves very good south carolina style chopped bar-b-cue. daddy joe's is well worth a side trip off I-85 in the gaffney area.

• National/State Park
    • Architecture

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

FATZ: Don't miss the fat fried food and ribs

by littlesam1 Updated Aug 6, 2007

This picture is worth a thousand words. At FATZ you get lots of good fattening food. This plate was priced at $10.00. I got a slab of ribs, fried chicken planks, real mashed potatoes and gravy, and brocolli smothered in melted cheese sauce. Your arteries may clog but the food goes down with gusto. I guarantee you will not leave FATZ hungry.

As any good VT member would do, I took a picture of my plate for my VT page. I tried to do this without drawing too much attention to myself. But the waitress caught me and said in her beautiful South Carolina accept. Whatca yall doing taking pictures of your food? Not wanting to confuse the issue and explain an international virtual tourist web site to this young lady in Gaffney South Carolina I tried to make a joke out of the situation. I laughed and said it was just a game my daughter and I played for laughs. Taking pictures of our food. She looked at me very strange and then said, do you want to take pictures of the dinner rolls also. This leads to my next tip. Please read on.

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

FATZ: Don't miss the dinner rolls

by littlesam1 Updated May 18, 2006

After being seated and ordering our drinks, soft drinks only because no alcohol is served in FATZ., our waitress asked "Do yall want dinner rolls first?" In my best Eric Cartman from South Park voice I said "Hell yes I want dinner rolls." Well I did leave out the hell yes to be polite but it was a perfect Eric Cartman moment. She brought us this basket of rolls. Only they weren't dinner rolls. They are cinnamon sugar coated baked biscuits served with honey butter. Dinner rolls or dessert? You decide. But if your waitress asks if you want dinner rolls the answer is Hell yes!

FATZ: One big FATZ restaurant

by littlesam1 Written May 18, 2006

FATZ

If you grow tired of all the chain restaurants along the Interstate highways in the South you will find FATZ to be a welcome change. You will find huge portions of food, most of it fried of course, friendly waiters and waitresses, and fun customers to dine with. Remember to look for the giant peach or butt if you get confused. FATZ sits right under the giant butt near the peach orchard.

Instant Answers: Gaffney

Comments

Gaffney Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Gaffney restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Gaffney sightseeing.