Greenville Restaurants

Pho Ga (take-out)
    by SpaceCoastMomma

Most Recent Restaurants in Greenville

• SpaceCoastMomma's Profile Photo

Wild Wing Cafe: Lotsa Wings!

by SpaceCoastMomma Written Oct 6, 2007

We sat outside on a nice day, so I can't speak on the atmosphere inside the place. However, the wings were great! TONS and TONS and TONS of different flavors to choose from. I had the "Pollo Loco" wings, with a honey-lime-cilantro sauce...incredible! My husband had the "Garlic! Garlic! Garlic" version, and it was good, too.

Thirty-three different flavors: Everything from not-spicy-at-all to remove-a-layer-of-your-throat hot, and everything in between.

Favorite Dish: "Pollo Loco" wings with honey-lime-cilantro sauce!

Gene's Restaurant: Grungy, Smoky & Poor Service

by SpaceCoastMomma Written Oct 6, 2007

I have to preface this review by first saying that I truly enjoy the local "Ma & Pa" dives...the places with character, where the locals eat.

When we drove by this place, we thought it looked really promising ~ an old vintage sign out front and lots of cars in the parking lot. And it looked like a total dive.

Unfortunately, we were both completely disappointed. First of all, the "smoking section" was the first part of the restaurant and we were forced to walk through the haze with our toddler, in order to get to the larger "non-smoking section." Not a huge deal, but it did STINK.

The service was extremely slow. I suspected that they had forgotten our order altogether as people that arrives after us were already half-way through their meal while we still waited for ours.

Then the food came and it sucked. My eggs were overdone, my grits were soupy and my biscuit was cold and as dry as cardboard.

My husband carried my son outside, while I stood to pay, so we didn't have to subject him to all of the smoke ~ and by the time I was done paying, my chest hurt. Yuck.

I'm all for the local dives, but this one just doesn't cut it. Keep on driving and eat at Tommy's Country Ham House instead!

Favorite Dish: I will not eat here again.

• SpaceCoastMomma's Profile Photo

Fried Green Tomato: One Could Eat Here Every Day!

by SpaceCoastMomma Written Oct 2, 2007

A friend of mine does actually eat here just about every day...and one could very easily, seeing as they change their menu items daily. This is a great place with a casual, kid-friendly wait staff. A popular place with business-folks, too. Yummy Southern cooking. Fried green tomatoes are delicious but so are all of their other fine offerings, which change daily...including fried okra, greens, slaw, potatoes every which way they come, chicken pot pie, fried chicken, green beans ~ the usual Southern flare.

Favorite Dish: Chicken & Rice! Also, the fried green tomatoes are a must-try!

Cheeseburger in Paradise: Casual & Kid-friendly

by SpaceCoastMomma Written Sep 13, 2007

About 5+ miles from downtown. We were there for a late lunch on a Saturday. They had live music that consisted of one man with his acoustic guitar ~ and, if you close your eyes, you'd swear it was Jimmy Buffet. (and he wasn't too loud, which was perfect)

Let me say right now that I'm not a big Jimmy Buffet fan, but this place was exactly what we were looking for ~ a casual place where we could grab a quick bite with our toddler. The staff was extremely friendly & welcoming ~ and they were great with kids. They even brought out a secret stash of toys for the kids next to us (one of which was having a total meltdown and the father was beside himself).

The food was good ~ nothing too exciting, just your normal hamburger, fries, etc. I ordered a Caribbean Sandwich ~ not sure what exactly they called it ~ it was Jamaican Jerk Chicken on Chiabatta bread with Swiss Cheese. My toddler liked it better than the grilled cheese we ordered him from the Little Pirates menu.

• SpaceCoastMomma's Profile Photo

Handi Indian Cuisine: Divine!

by SpaceCoastMomma Written Sep 13, 2007

Contemporary, relaxed atmosphere with an excellent wait staff. Nice ambiance. We were there during their "grand opening" as this is a new restaurant downtown ~ opened in August 2007.

We dined early and people were dressed very casually ~ shorts, hats, etc. and other diners had children with them. Dining later in the evening, however, I'd recommend less casual attire as it is a white tablecloth restaurant and the staff was dressed less casually. Great date restaurant. Cozy, romantic tables.

We ordered a variety of appetizers and entrees and shared it all. Absolute best Aloo Ghobi I've ever had. Nan was perfect. The Samosas we ordered, as an appetizer, were served with the most delicious plum sauce ~ it was truly divine.

Favorite Dish: Best Aloo Ghobi ever. Perfect Nan. Samosas with plum sauce as an appetizer were exquisite. The Saag Goshti (lamb & spinach) was incredible!

Little Pigs: Southern BBQ

by SpaceCoastMomma Written Aug 28, 2007

Casual place to pig-out when you need a good old-fashioned BBQ fix! Hours are M - F 10:30a - 8pm and Sat 11a - 4pm. Dine-in, take-out and catering available.

Favorite Dish: Daily specials. Cheap, cheap, cheap and yummy, yummy, yummy!!!

Pho Noodleville: Excellent, Inexpensive & Casual

by SpaceCoastMomma Written Aug 28, 2007

Casual-dining, small place that doesn't look like much ~ but is a great little place for delicious Vietnamese food. Great menu. Dine-in or take-out.

Favorite Dish: The absolute best fried Spring rolls ~ to die for! Also, their Pho Ga (Chicken Vermicelli soup) is a huge bounty of food and very healthy!

Pho Ga (take-out) Fried Spring Rolls (take-out)

• Larkin's on the River: Great Steaks & Delicious Seafood

by Chefboz Written Jun 18, 2007

Larkin's on the River has always served delicious Steak & seafood! - As the Restaurants Popularity has increased service has continually improved and maintained an even pace with the restaurants growth! The bone-in Filet is the best I've seen in Greenville!

Their award wining wine list is incredible with wines that you don't see everywhere - but each it seems from their servers with its own story

Favorite Dish: Bone in Filet is one of a kind! - The Center Cut Filet Mignon has more flavor than any I've had! - Great Sea Bass As well!

• Wine Tasting

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Larkin's on the River: Go in a Small Group...

by ATXtraveler Written May 4, 2007

Let me preface this review by saying that I dislike eating dinner at a group function with 20+ people if you really want to enjoy your food. There is just no way for you to mass produce 20 steaks that all come out at exactly the same time and have people all be satisfied. Especially when the person next to me orders his steak medium well (read: shoe leather).

Larkin's on the River is consistently voted as one of the best steakhouses in South Carolina. In my opinion, this should be revoked based on the steak I had. When a person asks for his steak rare, give it to him rare. If it is too rare, he will send it back. My steak was definitely past medium, but as mentioned above... I am sure they did the best they can due to the circumstances. The overall taste of the meat was fine, but would be only an average score in Texas. I actually have tasted better at Cheddar's a mass produced steak place across the country.

Ambience: Not so much for me. I was slightly disappointed that they stuck our group in an upstairs abandoned warehouse while we were paying good dollars for dinner, yet people in smaller parties had all of the great views of the river and a nice outdoor setting. I was also deeply saddened by having metal conference room chairs at such a "fine dining" establishment. If you are going to charge what they charged for dinner, please include good seating.

Dessert: Luckily for Larkin's they finished the meal with an excellent cheesecake. It had a little spice to it, which made it the highlight of the meal. I really would have liked to have this after a great steak, however it did bring my overall perception of the restaurant up a notch.

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Salsarita's

by frankcanfly Written Aug 10, 2004

A great little counter-service Mexican place on main street.

They make it in front of you, as you choose the specific ingredients in your Burritto/Taco/whatever.

Favorite Dish: I had a Chicken Burrito, with plenty of Black Beans! Yummy.

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Coffee Underground

by frankcanfly Written Aug 10, 2004

I like their address: 1 Coffee Street.

I tried some Iced Coffee here, the atmosphere is very casual.

Instant Answers: Greenville

Comments

Greenville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Greenville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Greenville sightseeing.