Harleyville Things to Do
Early one fall, we visited the Beidler Forest from our son's place in Summerville. We visited the little information center and took a self-guided tour on the boardwalk which runs through the old growth forest over the black swamp water. It was cool, calm and peaceful in the forest. We saw a few birds and some turtles sunning on the logs as we followed the tour pamphlet.
For groups of ten or more, a guided tour is available. There are also canoe trips which let you paddle the deep blackwater of the swamp and meet alligators and cottonmouths on their turf! You can gain another perspective by taking one of the night walks.
* Admissions: $7; ages 6 to 18 $3.50; Audubon members $6
* Days and Holidays Closed: M, New Year's Eve/Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Day
* Days and Hours of Operation: T-Su 9am-5pm and occasionally on MondayRelated to:
- Budget Travel
- Family Travel
- National/State Park
188 Judge Street, Harleyville, SC, 29448
Good for: Couples
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!