Hilton Head Island Shopping

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Harbour Town Shops: Go Shopping

by tpangelinan Written Apr 12, 2004

THe Shops at Harbour Town

Walk along the harbour, there are so many neat little shops to check out, including one on top of the lighthouse. So many stores, so little time! The trolley tour stops here for a brief time so you can pick up a gift for that special some one.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Highway 278: Hilton Head--love those outlets!

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 15, 2007

It seems beach towns are prime locations for outlet shopping anymore. I like shopping at outlets for bargains on shoes, clothing, house accessories, glassware, etc. What is a vacation without shopping?? OK, I guess this applies more to women than to men, but Hilton Head has several outlets.

There is a big outlet (80 some stores) right when you get to Hilton Head Island on Highway 278 called Hilton Head Factory Outlets. It's open Mon-Sat. 10-9 and Sun. 12-6. We've stopped here a number of times--usually looking for tennis shoes or sandles.

What to buy: Hilton Head t-shirts or hats, of course!

• Seniors
    • Singles

• Coligny Plaza: wide variety of shops

by MandaJ320 Updated May 22, 2004

Coligny Plaza is home ot a wide variety of shops, including Black Market Minerals, a shell shop, an ice cream shop, a bakery, t-shirt shops, a bathing suit shop, a hippy store, a grocery store... and the list goes on.

This is a great place to get souvineers.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

The Top of the Lighthouse Shoppe: Fake Lighthouse

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Fake lighthouse

I did not go up to the top of the lighthouse to patronize this shop.

First, I didn't want to give any money to people who put up a lighthouse billboard as a tourist attraction and then try to pretend that it is a real lighthouse instead of just being a giant advertisement. Signage is very strictly regulated in Hilton Head, and this structure certainly violates all the restrictions.

The boat in picture 2 came into the marina without using the lighthouse as an ATON (aid to navigation). If the lighthouse had a navigation purpose, then it should be warning about shoals and boats wouldn't be coming near to it.

The tradition of the lighthouse service is too special to be mocked in this way.

The last two pictures are of other 'lighthouse' signs which don't pretend to be real lighthouses.

And second, I didn't want to climb the steps.

What to buy: Mostly they have replicas in every possible configuration of this 'lighthouse'.

It would be better to patronize some of the shops in other areas.

• Sailing and Boating

Tanger Outlets: Great outllets

by joits Written Oct 12, 2004

There are a bunch of outlets on the island. This particular one had a lot of good ones... I spent quite a lot of money here in just one afternoon.

What to buy: What to buy? Whatever you want!! Its pretty damn cheap here...

What to pay: Generally less than a regular store.

• joits's Profile Photo

Coligny Plaza: Souvenirs, ice cream...

by joits Written Oct 17, 2004

This was a cool little shopping area near the Forest Beach area. There are cool souvenir stores to buy things to remember Hilton Head or places to buy gifts for friends and family. You can buy some ice cream and walk around. There are restaurants if you get hungry. There are stores that let you rent water sport equipment like boogie boards or wet suits.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

My Sister's Closet: Shoppes in Sea Pines and Other Locations

by grandmaR Updated May 16, 2007

My Sister's Closet and a Texaco sign

There are many different shops in Hilton Head. Photos 2, 3 and 4 are a few of the ones in Sea Pines. I didn't buy anything in any of them.

The only one that I might go to is the consignment shop My Sister's Closet. I heard about this at the condo meeting on Monday, so I snapped a photo as we drove by.

What to buy: A review in Judy's Book says: Although this bills itself as a consignment shop it has more of a thrift store feel. More clothes than anything, may be the reason. It can be difficult to park as the lot in front is small, but there is another one in the back. Not much better than a Goodwill Store in my opinion. The clerks are very nice and new stuff comes in all the time.

• Spa and Resort

• CristinaMIA's Profile Photo

Planet Hilton Head: Fun and Affordable

by CristinaMIA Written Jul 13, 2006

This was a quirky little shop that had TONS of cute stuff that was priced pretty reasonably. You can find anything from Jewelry to Mugs with cute sayings. All the girls in my family loved this place with our ages ranging from 7 - 51. We had a great time reading all of the cute picture frames and mugs and I think we lost an hour of our shopping trip here alone!

What to buy: You can find Hilton Head related Items here but we mostly bought cute mugs, magnets etc, with funny sayings like " You'll always be my friend....you know too much"...

What to pay: You can spend anything from 10.00 to 100.00 but you will have tons of cute memories to take home.

• Study Abroad

• Lowcountry Deals: Lowcountry Deals Coupon Savings

by Hegner25 Written Feb 11, 2004

I found a website that will save you money! You can search by category and town that you are living in or plan to visit. Then you can print out the coupons before you travel or go to Coligny Plaza and visit the Internet Cafe and Sundries and go online and print them there!

It looks like they are new, but I expect them to get more soon.

• beach247's Profile Photo

Hilton Head Island Online E-Store: Hilton Head Island themed gifts ONLINE

by beach247 Written Aug 3, 2009

The Hilton Head Island E-Store has many gifts from HHI oval auto stickers, to oval auto magnets, to refrigerator magnets, to key chains and shot glasses, shells/sand dollars and gifts for the kids.

What to buy: Shop online and we ship the item to you. Great for the people that vacation here and forgot a ffew items.

What to pay: Most items are $1.75 - $10.00

• Scents of Hilton Head: a great shop for women

by lovefoodchicago Updated Apr 4, 2011

I don't even know how to describe this shop....Scents of Hilton Head.....it just smells good. It's not one of cheap, gives you a sinus headache as soon as you walk in the door kind of a place....the clerk says that's because they stock things that are very organic and pure and "green"...but gosh the scents are amazing. Moisturizers, soaps, lotions, balms, candles, wonderful talc powders that have no talc in them because talc isn't good for you (if that makes any sense...but you know what I mean). My friend and I were in Girly Heaven. Loved this place.

What to buy: Archipelago Mint Milk Lotion...life changingly good.

What to pay: prices vary...as always...you get what you pay for

• Patricia's of Hilton Head: A Unique Boutique

by siscaran Updated Aug 19, 2010

I have been there several times. It is my first stop when I arrive on the Island. They always have a Special of the Day and a clearance rack in the back. They carry sizes 2-26 and their prices are fair to moderate. Ask for Charm! She is awesome and will have you trying on items I wouldn't have chosen for myself but looked fabulous on. She has a great eye. I was there for two hours last time! The store has a lot of merchandise so plan on spending a while in there. They also have great in-expensive costume jewelry or a great sterling silver line (Charles Albert) to go with whatever outfit you choose. Make sure to sign up for their mailing list to get a $10 coupon for your birthday. They also have a Frequent Buyer Card - When you spend $1,000 (no expiration) receive $100 to spend in the store!

What to buy: They carry a lot of FLAX which is hard to find except online.

What to pay: I got four tops, pair of pants and a necklace with matching earrings for about $250.

• Spa and Resort
    • School Holidays

• Quiet Storm: Merchandise is JUNK an Mgr Won't Refund Money

by kimken Written Sep 7, 2010

I am very disappointed in the quality of the merchandise at Quiet Storm in Cologny. I bought some earring and when we got them home and took them out of the packaging, they fell apart...we contacted the manager, Aaron, who will NOT refund our money. I have contacted the BBB in Savannah and the Hilton Head Chamber of Commerce.

I would not recommend this store to anyone!

What to buy: Nothing from Quiet storm.

• joits's Profile Photo

Mall at Shelter Cove: Its a bit small...

by joits Written Oct 12, 2004

Went here to buy a wedding present. Its a very small mall, at least compared to what I'm used to. But, it does have some pretty good stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Williams Sonoma.

Instant Answers: Hilton Head Island

Comments

Hilton Head Island Shopping

Reviews and photos of Hilton Head Island shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hilton Head Island sightseeing.

View all Hilton Head Island hotels