Isle of Palms Off The Beaten Path

• My nephew climbing on a Cannon at Ft. Moultrie
    My nephew climbing on a Cannon at Ft....
    by queencreekfreak

• queencreekfreak's Profile Photo

Fort Moultrie, Unexpected Interesting Spot

by queencreekfreak Written Sep 4, 2005

My nephew climbing on a Cannon at Ft. Moultrie

We were venturing out of Isle of Palms late one afternoon to try and beat the dinner crowds. We noticed an unusual land formation, sort of built up dirt. We took a turn off the main road to check it out and found Fort Moultrie. We ended up going to dinner much later as we spent a few hours there walking around the Fort. The park was closed and we still enjoyed it. We found a little beach there where we watched large ships go by. The kids played near the water trying to catch little crabs and we watched an awesome sunset over Charleston. We came back to the Fort on our next visit because it was so nice. Again, nothing fancy just a great place for some quiet time walking and listening to the ocean and reading up on some history via plaques.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Deweese Island

by grandmaR Written Jan 25, 2003
    Deweese Island ferry

Deweese Island is near Isle of Palms - accessible only by boat. It is apparently a real estate development There is accommodation, bird watching, fishing, etc.

I haven't been, but we saw the little ferries go back and forth about every 45 minutes to Isle of Palms. Once a week there is a barge which can take cars.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Barrier Island Eco-Tours

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Eco-tour boat

In front of us at Charleston Maritime Center, the boat Sandpiper was docked. When I looked it up on the interent, the closest I could come was a company based in Isle of Palms.

• Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Isle of Palms

Comments

Isle of Palms Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Isle of Palms off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isle of Palms sightseeing.

View all Isle of Palms hotels