Lake Wylie Travel Guide

Lake Wylie Things to Do

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

by etfromnc Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you've never been there, you will never know the "real" Buster Boyd Bridge. The one that was loved, feared, even captured by Boy Scouts of my youth was a beautiful, quaint two lane affair that was usually off limits to young Scouts during our camping trips, but we always managed to get there anyway.

Early in this century, "my" Buster Boyd Bridge, which was built in 1923, was replaced by a modern, multi-lane thoroughfare which is the busiest spot on (or in) Lake Wylie, if not so romantic anymore.

Not geographically, but in so many other ways, it is the center of Lake Wylie with marinas, public lake-access points, art museums/galleries, and one of the finest family restaurants in the Charlotte-area within a few hundred feet of BUSTER BOYD BRIDGE.

If you have never been there and want to see the area at its most spectacular, go to this bridge for the annual 4th of July fireworks show.

Lake Wylie Restaurants

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

by etfromnc Updated Jul 1, 2005

Growing up, I always thought that any restaurant on "the lake" or "at the river" had to be a fish camp (a term which may be indigenous to this part of the country) but that is no longer true. If you have read many of my restaurant tips, you may have concluded that I generally do not prefer extremely busy, noisy places. T-Bones is an exception. This is one of the most exciting places to eat in the Charlotte area. They do serve all types of fish but they also have excellent steaks and just about anything else you might want in an American restaurant. I don't remember any Oriental food. Literally situated on Lake Wylie, it is a great place to watch people, boats, and cars, while enjoying a simple sandwich or an exquisite meal.

Favorite Dish: I don't have a favorite. It is all good but I do tend to have fish when I am there. It must be that old "fish camp" thing.

Instant Answers: Lake Wylie

Comments

Lake Wylie Travel Guide
Map of Lake Wylie