Lexington Restaurants

• doug48's Profile Photo

crab shack: seafood

by doug48 Written May 2, 2008
    crab shack

the crab shack is located in the historic lexington mill in downtown lexington. they offer sefood and casual american fare. the crab shack is a combination sports bar and restaurant. they also offer a deck with a view of a small lake. a fun place to eat and drink when in the columbia area.

• Architecture

• The Scoop: Not Kid Friendly

by kaaska Written May 21, 2006

I went to The Scoop with 4 11yr old girls and one 9 yr old girl. It was my daughter's birthday and we went there for ice cream, hot dogs, fries and drinks. We made the big mistake of bringing a cookie that said "Happy Birthday" on it. The restaurant was empty except for employees. The "owner" ran up to me and said that I couldnt do that. I said I didnt get it because we were buying food, drinks and ice cream. He raised his voice at me infront of the kids about cutting into his profits and told us to leave unless I gave him $20 to have the infamous cookie at the table. He said he charges for that service. I again told him we were there for lunch, drinks and ice cream. He continued ranting and again told us to leave. We left. So because of a "cookie" he was out the cost of 6 people eating lunch and dessert. He was so rude. My daughter started to cry. What a way to spend an 11th birthday. We had gone there quite often and even had lunch with 3 children the prior weekend and spent $20 there. This bill would have been at least $35. We were not trying to "dip into his profits" . We did not want a birthday party. Just enjoy a lunch before a movie with my daughter's best friends and have a cookie.

Favorite Dish: none any longer

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

Main Street Cafe & Grill: REAL Family Style Dining

by etfromnc Updated Mar 8, 2004

Photo by acemj

Acemj has a more comprehensive review of this wonderful little restaurant but I wanted to add a few thoughts on why I love the place. My first visit was on a "normal" Saturday evening. There were no Greek Night festivities but we felt at home almost from the moment we touched the doorknob. Yes, they have doorknobs, not panic bars, handles, etc. We arrived early and were about the second or third table to be filled. By the time we left, every table was full and we got the impression that the staff knew everyone of their guests. There was also a lot of conversation between guests at different tables but the noise level was not at all bothersome. Those who have read my other restaurant tips may have noticed that loud noise while eating really bothers me.
    The food was excellent but the atmosphere was even better. The owner is Greek, the decor brings Greek isles to mind, and there are Greek touches to the menu but it is not really a "Greek restaurant," except about once every six weeks when they have Greek Night. For pictures and a full description of Greek night, please review acemj's Lexington, SC tips.
    If you are ever in Columbia and want to get away from the university and government crowds in downtown, a drive across the river to Main Street Cafe & Grill would be well worth the trip and your check would probably be a bit smaller as well.

Favorite Dish: Pastichio--Recipeland.com describes this as Greek lasagna and I suppose that is almost fair but if you have a yearning for lasagna, do not go to most Greek restaurants and order pastichio. It is made of flat noodles, meat, and cheese but it is not nearly as gooey as most lasagnas.
    They also do an excellent job with fish, especially mahi mahi and grouper.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Main Street Cafe and Grill: Family run and good food

by acemj Updated Feb 8, 2004

My buddy Lubo (he's Bulgarian) used to work here when he was putting himself through college at the University of South Carolina. Fortunately for us, he still knows the owners and just about everybody else who works or eats here. As a result, we didn't pay for anything!!!

The owner Georges (pronounce like George) and his wife Monique are a Greek couple who will treat you like family. The interior is interesting with a main dining area, a back room with some extra tables and another room to the left of the back room with a bar and dance floor and some awesome Greek themed murals.

Favorite Dish: We all had some variation of the Greek salad (lamb, fish, chicken), which were all great. We also had a plate of olives, tomatoes and feta, which was delicious to eat with a Greek red wine.

• doug48's Profile Photo

lexington arms: german & american

by doug48 Written May 2, 2008
    lexington arms

the lexington arms is a very good german-american restaurant in lexington. typical american fare as well as german selections. i recommend this restaurant when in the columbia area.

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Lexington

Comments

Lexington Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lexington restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lexington sightseeing.