Mount Pleasant Restaurants

Hamburger basket
    by grandmaR
    Son and grandson looking at menus
    Collage of views in the restaurant

Most Recent Restaurants in Mount Pleasant

Andolini's Pizza: Three Locations including Mt. Pleasant

Collage of views in the restaurant

Their website says: "We make our own dough, grate our own cheese, and make fresh sauce daily. N.Y. style pizza comes naturally to us, as Michael Rabin, the founder of Andolinis Pizza, was born in Queens, New York. Edie, his wife, not only makes all the dough, but she helps make it all happen too. Michael's brother, Neil, was born in Brooklyn and is our "chief cook and bottle washer." As you can see, we are family owned and operated and have been serving great N.Y. style pizza to the people of Charleston since 1991. "

There are three locations of this restaurant. You give your order in at the counter, and pay and then sit down at a table and some apparently free lance waiters bring you your order. The pizza and bread sticks were $21.50 and we left the waiter $2.00

Favorite Dish: I considered getting a Calzone, but eventually we just got a large cheese pizza and some breadsticks. There was too much to eat so we took some back to the boat.

TOPPINGS FOR PIZZA & CALZONES

Pepperoni • Italian Sausage • Mushrooms • Onions • Green Peppers • Tomatoes • Jalapenos • Anchovies • Banana Peppers • Pineapple • Green Olives • Black Olives • Garlic • Feta Cheese • Extra Cheese

PIZZA PIES SLICES

19 inch Cheese $12.95 $1.85
    Toppings: $1.75 each for pies ($1.00 half pie) / $0.35 each for slices

Greek $19.95 $2.95
    Fresh-Sliced Tomatos, Onion, Banana Peppers, Black Olives, topped with Feta Cheese

Jeremy's Special $18.95 $2.95
    Garlic, Anchovies, Onions, Jalapenos, Green Olives

Almost Hawaiian $17.95 $2.95
    Italian Sausage, Onions, Pineapple, Feta Cheese

CALZONES (see toppings above)

Each freshly made to order and based with Ricotta and Mozzarella Cheese

Cheese $5.50
    Spinach $6.00
    Build Your Own $0.50 price per topping

SALADS

Italian Salad $4.50

Crisp Lettuce, Onions, Mushrooms, Green Peppers, Tomatos, Green & Black Olives, topped with Mozzarella Cheese

Small Italian Salad $2.25

Greek Salad $4.75

Crisp Lettuce, Onions, Green Peppers, Banana Peppers, Black Olives, topped with Feta Cheese

BREADSTICKS w/Sauce w/Cheese
    Serving of Three $2.95 $3.95
    Additional Toppings: $0.50 each

The Trawler: Shem's Creek

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Trawler lighthouse, interior and food

We were driving around in the dark trying to find a place to eat. We tried the restaurant next to this one and couldn't even get into the parking lot. So we came here. The place was almost deserted. I see by searching on the internet that it has many bad reviews, including bad service. I didn't think it was that bad.

Favorite Dish: I had creme brulee for dessert for $4.95- that's something I get almost every time I can. I think Bob had shrimp appetizer as an entree and bread pudding $4.50 for dessert. The whole dinner including tip was $46.70 for two of us.

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Outback Steakhouse: decent food

by davecallahan Written Jul 5, 2007

It pretends to be Australian with all the paraphenalia (Boomerangs, Aussie flags, kangaroos, aboriginal art) but it is American.

Some of the items on the menu have an Australian flare (Like Walkabout Soup or Kookaburra Wings or Chicken Barbie) but the food tastes just like any other steak house.
    Prime rib is very good (8ounce is plenty enough for me) and the Buffalo Strips (chicken fingers) are tasty. I had a Fosters Draught (which I remember from my VietNam days). The whole meal (with tax and tip) was about $25 per person (which was a bit high for a steak house, but we were on vacation and it fit into the budget so no harm).

The staff were very friendly and did not have Aussie accents. The food was only a little slow being served but it was a bit crowded so that was expected. The meal was done to our satisfaction and the servers were attentive during the meal ("freshen up, mame?"... which meant "more coffee" and "can I get you anything sir?").
    It was a pleasant experience.

T. G. I. Friday's: Large Children's Menu

by grandmaR Updated Oct 22, 2006

Funny sign and menu

After the grandchildren swam in the hotel pool next to the marina, we wanted to go someplace for dinner and ended up here. Although I think of TGIF as primarily a drinking establishment (happy hour after work type of thing), they do have a large children's menu.

Favorite Dish: I had a steak and mashed potatoes, and then I had a sundae for dessert. One of the kids had a hamburger and fries. Bob had steamed strimp.

• Business Travel

Long Horn Steakhouse: Steakhouse Chain

by grandmaR Written Jun 5, 2004

Long Horn from TGIF

We were going to eat dinner after the kids swam in the pool at the marina. We couldn't all fit in one car, so my son drove and we followed. He stopped at the shopping center where this restaurant was, but it wasn't open yet (it was early on Sunday afternoon), so we went next door to TGIF.

I haven't eaten here.

Favorite Dish: Steaks from their menu on line

Flo’s FiletTM
    Go with the Flo! Fresh tenderloin cooked to perfection. Our most tender steak. 7 oz. or 9 oz.

Ribeye
    A favorite! Tender, juicy and flavorful, cut fresh from the rib loin. 12 or 16 oz.

New York Strip
    The steak lover’s choice. Sink your teeth into hearty flavor and robust taste. 11 oz. or 14 oz.

The Renegade
    Hearty USDA Choice top sirloin. Seasoned with Prairie Dust™. 8 oz. or 12 oz.

Bacon Wrapped Filet
    Our fresh 9 oz. filet is wrapped in thick-cut, peppered bacon and then chargrilled over an open flame.

Texas T-Bone
    Every cowboy’s dream. A New York strip and a filet in one cut. Chargrilled over an open flame. 16 oz.

The LongHorn
    Our specialty. A giant USDA Choice porterhouse with a New York strip and a large filet in one thick, delicious cut. Chargrilled over an open flame. 20 oz.

Bleu Cheese Crusted Filet
    A tender 9 oz. filet, cooked the way you like, and topped with melted bleu cheese. Served atop a marinated, grilled portabella mushroom.

The Reel Bar: Bar at the Hilton Hotel

by grandmaR Updated Feb 14, 2004

Chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries

We were tired so we just walked up to the Reel Bar. When we were here before it had large TV sets in the bar, but there were just a couple over the bar now. There were comfortable chairs and couches, and also a bar with stools. We ordered at the bar and they bought the food to us while we sat in overstuffed chairs at a coffee table.

Favorite Dish: We both had grilled chicken sandwiches on a sour dough roll. They had various ingredients in addition to chicken, lettuce and tomato - such as cheese and guacamole. I also had sweet potato fries with mine. The fries were very salty - I'm not used to so much salt. Otherwise they were good. We also drank iced tea. Including the tip, the bill was $38.29.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Business Travel

Water's Edge: Viewed from Across the Creek

Collage of pictures from across Shem Creek

We saw this restaurant across Shem Creek. I see from the internet that it got the 2002 Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence

• Sailing and Boating
    • Fishing

Instant Answers: Mount Pleasant

Comments

Mount Pleasant Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mount Pleasant restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mount Pleasant sightseeing.

View all Mount Pleasant hotels