Myrtle Beach Local Customs

Best Rated Local Customs in Myrtle Beach

• friendliness

by LizMary Updated Apr 4, 2011

My son and I at South of the Border

I am surprised how friendly the locals are! I have lived in a tourist trap (DE beach resorts) for almost 20 years, and we have the most ignorant tourists at times. Locals are NOT that welcoming towards out-of-staters. But in South Carolina....locals are SO FRIENDLY!! As a born Yankee, all that friendliness surprises me. Pleasantly surprised!

• piytravelmike's Profile Photo

Rental Properties

by piytravelmike Written Jun 11, 2006

This isn't necessarily particular to Myrtle Beach, but, to me, the best lodging option when vacationing on the beach is to rent a condo or house, depending on the size of your group. This is especially applicable if you are traveling with a large number of people, because it allows all of you to stay in the same place. As opposed to a hotel room, you get your own kitchen, laundry machines, etc. It's more like a home away from home. Several Myrtle Beach rental agencies can be found on the web.

• cheryl_the_mermaid's Profile Photo

Fireworks and Smokebombs Everywhere!

by cheryl_the_mermaid Written Apr 12, 2005
    one of my smokebombs

Especially on the 4th of July, if you go to the beach at night, the place is covered with fireworks people put off on their own. There are fireworks sold everywhere, and even on regular nights, you'll catch people putting them off on the beach. shared with friendly locals and a few beers, its definately something you must do at night.

Instant Answers: Myrtle Beach

Comments

Myrtle Beach Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Myrtle Beach local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Myrtle Beach sightseeing.