Myrtle Beach Restaurants

by doug48

Most Recent Restaurants in Myrtle Beach

olympic pancake house

by iam1wthee Written Oct 26, 2011

a wider selection of menu items and options than the other pancake house
    depending on where you sit the view can be good
    food is wonderful
    our server took good care of us

some coupon books have discounts here

Favorite Dish: grits french toast

hot stacks pancake house

open 6:30a-2pm only
    offer $3.59 on certain breakfast
    everything else is more expensive but it is still cheaper than other pancake houses

all of the dishes are wonderful, the service is curteous, no flies, clean

if i lived here i would be fat because the food and the prices are just too good to be true

Favorite Dish: pancake with peaches, whip cream, maple syrup

kansas city steakhouse

by iam1wthee Written Oct 26, 2011

wonderfully decorated, wonderful bartender, well prepared food
    one of the few restaurants that open late at night in the fall.
    the hostess and one of the waitresses needs to take the job a little bit more seriously because the damper the atmosphere. They play too much and put their conversation over your needs.

use the coupon to buy the food because it is a little pricey

Favorite Dish: mash potatoes

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville: Fun at Broadway

by Krumlovgirl Written Jun 8, 2011
    it was a long day

We love Margaritaville, especially in Vegas where it’s one of the more inexpensive places to eat. The one at Broadway at the Beach was no exception. Good food, reasonably priced, and a fun atmosphere.

The first time we ate there we had a full meal. I had some pasta, the little guy had grilled cheese, and the husband had some kind of meat. We also shared a huge thing of loaded nachos as an appetizer because it’s hard to find those anymore. We didn’t have anything alcoholic to drink because, well, I was pregnant and it didn’t seem right.

The only issue we had was that I was very obviously pregnant and yet they insisted on putting us on the top floor. There were a lot of stairs and the hostess didn’t offer to show us the elevator, which we found on our way back down.

The food was good, though, and for that we were grateful since we were very hungry.

Although it wasn’t late, it was one of the few places open, probably due to the fact that we were there out of season. A guy on stilts came around and made balloon animals which at first freaked my son out. And then, of course, he wanted more. Go figure.
    We went back again after a visit to the aquarium and got a burger and fries. I also took a sip of the coconut drink which (I know, shame on me) is REALLY, REALLY good.

It’s a little loud in there, but it’s a good place for families. If you’re there with your buddies it’s also a good place to kick back and relax and have a few drinks and appetizers, too. Unfortunately, it’s not within walking distance of the beach and that’s a bummer.

• always1ontime's Profile Photo

Tena's Breakfast Buffet at the Sea Mist Resort: I love Tena -- Or at least her food

by always1ontime Updated Apr 4, 2011

When I stayed at the Sea Mist Resort and Spa I attempted to create a healthy, diet friendly breakfast every morning for myself. My husband, on the other hand, went to Tena's Breakfast buffet EVERY MORNING. He sucks by the way. Well, by the time we reached our last night at the hotel he'd convinced me to have breakfast with him downstairs. So on our last morning in Myrtle Beach I sat down at Tena's table and marveled at the 46 item buffet a few feet away from me. Can you say OMG! The best thing is there were actually healthy things out there that would not make me feel guilty! You gotta try it!

Favorite Dish: Whole Grain Waffles w/Strawberries!

• Spa and Resort

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Flying Fish Grille: Good food for a good price

by HotSpotJ Updated Apr 4, 2011

Flying Fish Grille

This place was convieniently located one block from my hotel near 26th Ave N in Myrtle... the service was awesome and the food was great! The menu was very original with a number of fish tacos plates as well as fish sandwhiches and burgers, this place was a sight for sore eyes! And I left with my bill under $15 , that is hard to come by with seafood these days! This place also has live music on certain nights.

Favorite Dish: I loved the string fries... i'm sure they're not good for me, but oh well, they tasted great!

• Singles

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Planet Hollywood: Planet Hollywood at Myrtle Beach

by butterflykizzez04 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Tayler, Cullen & Noel, Planet Hollywood

This was very nice restaurant. It looks like a big world globe/planet on the outside and you have to climb alot of stairs to enter.

Once inside it is gorgeous. You are in the bar area immediately and then you descend into the eating area. Very gorgeous. The stairs are made of cheetah print material and lined with neon lights. There is a large buffalo located above you as you go down.

Along the walls are lots of Hollywood memoriablia. Which includes Tom Cruise jacket from 'Top Gun" and the outfits from the "Munster" show on TV. There is also some Terminator stuff, and outfit from the originial Flash.

Kids were very happy and pleased.

Hours: 11am to 11pm for restaurant

Favorite Dish: I ordered a salad which was very good. I also ordered a non-alcoholic drink called "Pretty in Pink" so I could have a souvenir glass. My little girl ended up drinking most of it.

The kids had their usual chicken fingers and Shari had some type of mexican dish and a margarita.

• doug48's Profile Photo

prossers: bar-b-que

by doug48 Updated Nov 16, 2010

prossers bar-b-que

prossers is an excellent bar-be que restaurant located in murrell's inlet ten miles south of myrtle beach great bar-b-que and south carolina low country cuisine. in my opinion one of the best bar-b-que restaurants in south carolina. prossers in well worth the twenty minute drive from downtown myrtle beach.

• Golf
    • Beaches

• Rioz Brazilian Steakhouse: Worth the Price

by TravelerFromTN Written Sep 27, 2010

Traditoinal fare for a Brazilian steakhouse. Lots of delicious meat, amazing well cooked, brought to your table and sliced to order. Good salad bar. The atmosphere is fine; people are really enjoying their meals and the staff flows seamlessly along. I couldn't finish one meat before there was another being offered, unless I "hit the red light" to ask them to stop .

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Collector's Cafe: So good, it shouldn't be in Myrtle Beach!

by Hexepatty Updated Sep 4, 2010

Driving solo into Myrtle Beach on a Wednesday evening, I found myself hungry. With THOUSANDS of neon lights beckoning, I had lots of options. Seafood Buffets, Italian Buffets, Chinese Buffets, Steakhouse Buffets and thousands of Pancake houses with a smattering of BBQs shack. I was EVER so close into just buying into the hype that there simply was NO decent food to be had and popping into a hot dog hut! Then I saw this very understated little restaurant, "Cafe" really.... I am happy I saw it and took a chance.

I should say normally these days I will quickly google a restaurant's review if it looks a little pricey. But I didn't with the Collector's Cafe. I just chanced it. Again - Glad I did...

This was an amazing restaurant. Great wine list, good appetizers and an even better looking entree section. Pricey. Just have to say it's pricey. I could only afford one appetizer and a glass of wine, but I chose well!

In addition to having great food, I also noticed they put local artists work up around the cafe, hence "collector's" cafe...

Favorite Dish: I got the Scallop Cake appetizer. It contained tomatoes, scallions and a beurre blanc sauce. Guess I was not only lucky but smart: The Scallop Cake is one of the house specialities. I can't tell you how good it was, just know I dream about it. Still to this day. It was $16.95 for the appetizer sized order. Insane, right? But the entree sized Scallop Cake ran about $32.00. Yikes...

• Bennetts Calabash Seafood: Don't Waste Your Money!

by ktowners Written Mar 17, 2010

We were on Spring Break in Myrtle Beach SC and decided to try a seafood buffet. In a coupon booklet it had $4 off for Bennetts. So, we went to their location nearest us at 2900 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, United States (Bennett's Calabash Seafood Buffet #3) When we first walked in, there was a woman sitting behind a table of brochures (obviously there to entice you to view a timeshare) - she told us to go in and we'd be seated inside. Then an older gentlemen just looked up and he told us to go further in and we'd be seated inside. A young waitress seated us and we were asked about a coupon first. I should have asked how much the buffet was first as we sat down and everything else had a price except the adult buffet which was marked as "market price". I think this is their way of altering the price based on your having a coupon or not. Anyway, to summarize, the food was obviously sitting there for quite sometime, the place was more than 3/4 empty (should have been my first clue) our bill for a family of 4 (2 kids) came to $85 not including tip, the desserts were obviously store bought, when we asked for finger bowls for the crab, we were told they don't have them and were brought napkins that had hot water poured on them and lemons on top (I mean, come on, you can't even afford to give wet naps?) The waitress spilled lemonade all over my wife, didn't offer here anything at all. On the way out the older man was too busy adding up the checks for the night to even look up and ask us how dinner was. The woman behind the brochure counter asked us if dinner was good, we said no - terrible and she then offered to get all our money back - oh IF we went on a timeshare tour - yah right. I've never done this, but even took the time to stop someone coming in to tell them not to waste their time. This was the worst meal I've ever had - bad service, cold food, management was indifferent, no quality checks. I should have went to Benjamins as per the good reviews online - not BENNETTS!

Favorite Dish: Nothing was good

• Prince Creek Diner: Tasty Feast

by escapistforever Written Feb 20, 2010

I have travelled to many many places around the world, but this was a real feast. Excellent quality, taste and atmosrhere. Very good food with a wide vatierty of tastes. The " warm " service and smile of the owner is something that won't forget. I felt that they respect the customers and they care for the best service. A " must go " when you visit Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Stelios

Favorite Dish: What ? How to start and how to stop ? I ordered mashed potatoes ( they were real ) , pork chops and meatloaf. My girl had fish, french fries ( they were hand-cut !!! ) and rice pudding. After we ordered pancakes with buttermilk. Are you still at home ?

• chefydood's Profile Photo

Finnochio's: The "FRESHEST" ingredients available!

by chefydood Updated Nov 27, 2009

Well if you enjoy really great Itlian cusine, like the type you find in NYC...THIS is the place! Husband and Wife team from Queens, NY opened up here in Myrtle B. There are lterally thousands of resturants her in MB, However this is THE ONLY PLACE I will dine. The food is "cooked to order" the portions are generous, and the flavors are wonderful. John (Chef/Owner) make fabulous sauces, and has a "Knac" for presentation!

Favorite Dish: The Veal "Valdostana" WoW!! a LARGE Chop, stuffed with Procuitto, and Fontina cheese, accompanied with a fabulous demi-glace sauce. OOTW!!! (out of this world)!!!

• Beaches

• deebum25's Profile Photo

Original Benjamin's Calabash: All You Can Eat Crab Legs

by deebum25 Written Sep 27, 2008

This is a great place to go with the family, friends, anybody and everybody who appreciates a mile long buffet stuffed with goodies. Okay so it's not the healthiest meal you'll ever eat but you will have a great time. We have never had a server who was rude or rushed us and we always end up going from stem to stern and enjoying as many crab legs as we can fit in.

Favorite Dish: Crab legs!

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• deebum25's Profile Photo

Martini's Continental Dining & Piano Bar: Used to be great

by deebum25 Written Sep 27, 2008

This used to be THE place to go for great food and superb martinis. In the last couple of years my husband and I have experienced a noticeable decline in the quality of the food and service as well as the desirability of the patrons. I had ordered a mixed seafood dish that was supposed to be served over risotto and was served over plain rice. When I tried to explain the difference between dry rice and risotto to the server, he merely shrugged, apologized and walked away! The martinis were fine but they have cute little names and things that go along with them which our server informed us that he happened to be out of at the moment. The patrons at some of the surrounding tables were loud, obnoxious, very drunk and should have been poured outside into the street yet they continued to be served alcohol. We steered well clear of them when we left after the wife's head hit the table and she couldn't seem to lift it again. And that point we said enough and have not been back since.

Instant Answers: Myrtle Beach

Comments

Myrtle Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Myrtle Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Myrtle Beach sightseeing.