Myrtle Beach Restaurants

bovines
    by doug48

Most Recent Restaurants in Myrtle Beach

• deebum25's Profile Photo

Sea Blue Tapas Restaurant: wonderful tapas!

by deebum25 Written Sep 25, 2008

Every time my husband and I visit Myrtle Beach we go to this wonderful tapas restaurant. They offer flights of wine which are meant to be drunk in order with your food and enhance your tasting experience. The food itself has never been anything except above average and we would usually end up ordering a little bit of everything! The servers have always been knowledgeable, courteous and professional. Pricey but worth the money!

• Business Travel

• mgraham3's Profile Photo

Myrtle Beach Area: Here are the best restaurants on the Grand Strand

by mgraham3 Updated Apr 2, 2008

Here are 20 of the best, in alphabetical order. Each is listed with the area of the Grand Strand that it is located.

Top Myrtle Beach Restaurants

Favorite Dish: You can also click on Other Top 10 Lists to see my favorite Myrtle Beach Golf & worldwide dining

SeaBlue is the best of all!

• Beaches

• happyloved199's Profile Photo

Preston's: PRESTON'S All you can eat seafood! Our favorite!

by happyloved199 Updated Oct 23, 2007

We had a very short wait during peak summer dinner time. Less than 7 minutes pretttyyy good! We were seated and ordered mixed drinks and all arrived quickly! Crablegs are optional for an extra charge, but the price was under $18 for adults without them. We aren't big crableg fans so this meal was perfect! (Although one night we did try the "other" AYCE place, the legs were the best part of the meal. The other food wasn't very good after a LONG 2 hour wait and over $25 per person.)
    Our server also helped us out a little by knocking the small kid's meals and our cokes off the bill. Of course we even used the coupon and tipped him big and still spent what we would've without the coupon. :)
    The surroundings are very casual, with lots of stuff to look at on the walls, kind of like a steakhouse but with beach items. Can't miss Preston's, the sign has a swordfish on the sign! We tried all the places we wanted to then, the last night returned to Preston's as our favorite!

Favorite Dish: OMG, homemade yeast rolls, fried scallops, stuffed mushrooms, casseroles, Dad said fried clams were tender and perfect, everything was just great! Even had some italian dish (non-seafood) and other items for those that don't like seafood.

Kids liked the dessert bar and the items changed frequently!

• Surfing
    • Fishing
    • Beaches

• Key West Grille: Please do not go to Key West Grille!!

by jessica242007 Written Jul 23, 2007

We had a group dine with this restaurant, and it was the worst restaurant experience we all have ever had. At first the afternoon started off great, but then it took 45 minutes before we received any drinks. The waitress kept bringing glasses of water instead of the drinks that we ordered. We ended up having three glasses of water in the middle of the table and not any of the drinks that we ordered. The waitress brought out an appetizer 10 minutes before my meal, she didn't bring out my friend's appetizer at all, and she didn't brink out my sister-in-law's salad either. Never once did we receive an apology for these mistakes. She just said "OH" but never tried to make anything right. We gave her our Myrtle Beach VIP cards to take off $2.00 on the appetizer, which she didn't take off, and the restaurant charges 18% gratuity per person per meal ordered. We then asked for the manager to ask to have the tip lowered because of bad service. He then informed us that there is no way that the tip can be lowered any, "That's the way the computer rings it up." So basically the waitress can provide all the bad service that she wants because she is automatically going to get an 18% tip from everyone. Just from our table alone she made a $120 dollars tip, and her service was awful!! This restaurant provides very poor customer service, and they have very bad attitudes. None of my party, including myself, is never going to return to this restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Even though we had very bad service, the shrimp scampi and coconut shrimp were good.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Kingston Plantation: lunch on the patio

by richiecdisc Updated Jul 4, 2007

Debbie, Phil, and D enjoying some pie & beers

With such a great patio I suggested grabbing some food and enjoying it rather than going out for lunch. We'd already picked up a cooler full of local beers at a great store en route to Myrtle Beach. With the sun shinning brightly, a great setting, and great friends the atmosphere could not be beat.

Favorite Dish: We got the food from Luigi's Trattoria as our friends had eaten there and said the food was good. The owner had raved about his pizza so we decided to give it a try. Being from Philly, we are quite critical and this pie just got an edible rating from us. We also got some prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, and bread which was much better. It all went well with the beers I'd chosen. Highlands Brewery in Asheville, NC provided its Gaelic Ale, Oatmeal Stout, and Kashmir IPA. Palmetto of Charleston had a tasty porter as did Duck Rabbit. I'm still looking for my tasting notes. I'll add some more info if/when I find them! ;)

Plantation Pancake House: get yer grits before you head home

by richiecdisc Written Jul 4, 2007

a happy D gets ready to dig in

I'm not big on eating breakfast out but D loves it so when on the road I try to accommodate her a bit. This place was on our way out of town and we were both hungry so we gave it a shot and were glad we did. It's a typical breakfast place with fast and friendly service, perfect as to not take too much time when you need to drive eight hours that day!

Favorite Dish: D had peach pancakes and the portion was so big I had to help her out after I finished off my grits and eggs. Grits are a grain served like hot cereal but instead of putting something sweet on them, you put butter, salt and pepper. They seem strange at first but I love them now and are a real southern delicacy. It wasn't cheap but still under $20 for both of us and the food lasted us till we stopped for dinner in Asheville!

Liberty Steak House & Brewery: conviently located local brews

by richiecdisc Written Jul 4, 2007

hearty fare & decent local brews

This is a typical chain brewpub so don't expect haute cuisine or award winning beers, but it's a great location at Myrtle Beach's Broadway on the Beach and given the other choices to eat, one of the better ones. It is a cavernous boisterous place with a festive atmosphere and waterfront location so no qualms there.

Favorite Dish: The food as the name implies is chuck full of steaks and other typical pub grub. It's not generally my cup of tea but it goes well enough with the beer. We both opted for burgers topped with bacon, mushrooms, a blue cheese. The let us replace the fries with garlic mashed potatoes....yum. Prices are reasonable for burgers ($7-8) though steaks can be pricey. The beers were rather pedestrian though certainly not bad. The Nut Brown and Oatmeal Stout were passable, the IPA pretty tasty and I had a high octane barley wine that was a bit disappointing.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Bubba Cue's: a real bbq joint

lotsa food at Bubba Cue's

We'd missed out on some real southern cooking when we got to Savannah three hours later than planned so we were hankering for some when on the road to Myrtle Beach. It's a good thing I have an eye for such things and Bubba Cue's sure hit the mark. It's just a little road side hole in the wall but jammed with locals taking advantage of a buffet full of southern specialties. It was under ten dollars for two of us including unlimited sweet tea. The friendly owner makes the rounds and makes sure everything is okay and how you like the food. Great and great!

Favorite Dish: Every night is a different specialty as the main meat and unfortunately we missed the ribs by one night but it was pulled pork for our stopover. The meat was succulent and there were three different sauces to choose from. The fried chicken was excellent as were the sides of macaroni & cheese, collard greens, baked beans, Spanish rice, coleslaw, and steamed veggies. Two plates were more than enough and barely left room for dessert.

• BLACK THAI: THAI FOOD TO GOOD TO MISS

by mamakoole Written Apr 7, 2007

THIS IS AUTHENTIC THAI RESTUARANT THE COOK IS FROM THAILAND. THE AMBIENCE IS GREAT. IF YOU GO THE SPRING ROLL CHEESECAKE IS OUT OF THIS WORLD SO SAVE SOME ROOM FOR DESSERT. THE DISHES RANGE FROM PAD THAI TO GRILLED LAMB MARINATED LAMB CHOPS. THE STAFF ARE FRIENDLY. AND FOOD IS COOKED TO FRESH.THIS USED TO BE LOYAL THAI . NEW OWERS HAVE TAKEN OVER AND IT IS BETTER THAN BEFORE .THE SPECIALTY IS THE HOT POT . ITS WHERE YOU COOK THE MEAL AT YOUR TABVLE. THE KIDS LOVED IT.

Favorite Dish: MY FAVORITE WOULD HAVE TO BE CASHEW CHICKEN PAD THAI , THE HOT POT, AND THE SPRING ROLL CHEESE CAKE SERVED WITH COCONUT ICE CREAM.

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• Angelo's Steak and Pasta: Fantastic buffet....Superb steaks

by flex68 Written Jan 23, 2007

I simply cannot say enough positive things about them! We "found" Angelo's during our stay at MB back in 1998, when we decided to use their coupon we saw in one of the guidebooks we got at our hotel.
    It is still, by far, our favorite place to eat, and we usually go there 3 or 4 nights out of each year's 10-day vacation!
    I have never been able to get past the SUPERB Italian buffet to try their very highly-rated steaks, but admit that they do look/smell wonderful as they are brought out past my table.
    The cost of the buffet is more than reasonable, especially when you go for the "early bird" offering between 4-6 PM. I don't know anywhere else that one can enjoy such a variety of excellent food for less than $10 per person!
    My favorite offerings are the Italian green beans, Italian sausage, meatballs, lasagna, and tortelleni alfredo.
    All are delicious!
    They also have spaghetti (with either tomato or meat sauce), stuffed shells, meat ravioli, cheese ravioli, chicken parmesan, and a variety of pizza, among others.
    The service and the atmosphere are both excellent, and we have come to know many of the staff by name, as they are there each time we return.
    I would and do heartily recommend this restaurant to everyone!

Favorite Dish: The tortelleni alfredo is my favorite offering from the buffet.
    Rich, creamy, and full of flavor!

• piytravelmike's Profile Photo

King's Famous Pizza: Fantastic Pizza in Myrtle Beach

by piytravelmike Updated Sep 4, 2006

King's Famous Pizza in North Myrtle Beach has really great pizza. We weren't expecting anything impressive when we stopped in for dinner, but were wowed by how tasty their pizza is. The atmosphere is decidedly casual, as you would expect.

Favorite Dish: Pizza that even a non-pizza-fiend will love.

• piytravelmike's Profile Photo

Painters Homemade Ice Cream: Classic Beach Resort Ice Cream Spot

by piytravelmike Written Sep 4, 2006

Every beach resort needs a place like Painters Homemade Ice Cream. We visited the location in North Myrtle Beach. The place feels like it has some history behind it, offers a good selection of flavors, and has benches to sit on while enjoying your cone or sundae. Best of all, the hot fudge is as good as I've ever had.

Favorite Dish: Single scoop hot fudge sundae (pick your flavor).

• J Edwards: Bad Service - Avoid this Myrtle Beach Restaurant

by maplepaint Written Jul 30, 2006

This was my 3rd time going to J Edwards for dinner. This time I brought a friend whom has never eaten here before. At first I was excited to introduce him to this restaurant given my previous experiences there. However, our experience ended up being a big disaster. We were promptly seated in the front section of the restaurant and our waitor arrived quickly to take our drink orders. Several minutes later he returned with our water. We then ordered our entrees. I ordered a side salad along with my entree. About 15 minutes passed with no sign of our waitor. Apparently he had other table far from us, at the back of the restaurant. The salad finally arrived and he made no mention of being sorry for the wait. He disappeared again, this time for about 20 minutes. I had long finished my salad and our waters were empty. I could see him running around in the back, not once coming to our table. In the meantime, the table next to us had their server (a different one) come to their table several times. They ordered their dinner after us, yet somehow finished theirs before our's even arrived. I could understand the delay if I had ordered something exotic, however, all that I ordered was chicken and rice. Our waitor never returned. At this point I was fed up. I went to speak to the manager/owner, both of which were sitting at the bar chatting with each other. I politely asked them if I could pay for the salad and then leave as we had had terrible service. The owner got agitated and upset. Not at the server, but at me. He questioned my explanation and reasoning for wanting to leave. It is one thing when a server give you an attitude, but when an owner does it is insulting to say the least. The manager/owner never apologized, never offered for the dinner to be comped. He simply said "have at it" motioning us towards the exit and added "if you would like to try us again that would be fine." I replied, "I don't think that will happen." I have never been so poorly treated.

• Dicks: Comedy Show and Food at a cheap price. Loved It!

by Guffey Written Jul 25, 2006

The burgers and shrimp were better than expected. We were entertained the entire time by watching others and looking around. We enjoyed reading the tall hats that were customized for each customer. One fellows hat read " I hate Myrtle Beach take me back to Brokeback Mountain". The lady in front of us asked for a straw. The waiter threw about 15 at her saying I hope this straw sucks as much as you. Have a sense of humor and you will be OK. I thought it was alot of fun and did not cost that much.

Favorite Dish: Shrimp and fries. The presentation was 6 jumbo shrimps seved on a high bucket. Another bucket full of crispy fries with the skin on. Cocktail sauce was full of fresh horseradish. Tall Yeungling draft and you get to keep the logo pilsner.

• Beer Tasting

• Chuck's Steak House: Stick with the steak!

by Badger76 Written May 26, 2006

Chuck's Steak House is a traditional steak restaurant on the southern end of Restaurant Row. The portions are very good, but the service and quality of the food really is no better than average on the whole. The atmosphere is somewhat rustic on the interior, and seems a little out-of-date in spots. The restaurant is reasonably clean though. Chuck's can still serve a pretty good steak for a reasonable price, but I wouldn't venture too far off the board in terms of other menu choices.

Favorite Dish: Stick with the steak dinners...Chuck's does a good job serving up a healthy slab of meat that is usually cooked properly, with good flavor and seasoning.

Instant Answers: Myrtle Beach

Comments

Myrtle Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Myrtle Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Myrtle Beach sightseeing.