Myrtle Beach Restaurants

bovines
    by doug48

Best Rated Restaurants in Myrtle Beach

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Bubba Cue's: a real bbq joint

lotsa food at Bubba Cue's

We'd missed out on some real southern cooking when we got to Savannah three hours later than planned so we were hankering for some when on the road to Myrtle Beach. It's a good thing I have an eye for such things and Bubba Cue's sure hit the mark. It's just a little road side hole in the wall but jammed with locals taking advantage of a buffet full of southern specialties. It was under ten dollars for two of us including unlimited sweet tea. The friendly owner makes the rounds and makes sure everything is okay and how you like the food. Great and great!

Favorite Dish: Every night is a different specialty as the main meat and unfortunately we missed the ribs by one night but it was pulled pork for our stopover. The meat was succulent and there were three different sauces to choose from. The fried chicken was excellent as were the sides of macaroni & cheese, collard greens, baked beans, Spanish rice, coleslaw, and steamed veggies. Two plates were more than enough and barely left room for dessert.

Plantation Pancake House: get yer grits before you head home

by richiecdisc Written Jul 4, 2007

a happy D gets ready to dig in

I'm not big on eating breakfast out but D loves it so when on the road I try to accommodate her a bit. This place was on our way out of town and we were both hungry so we gave it a shot and were glad we did. It's a typical breakfast place with fast and friendly service, perfect as to not take too much time when you need to drive eight hours that day!

Favorite Dish: D had peach pancakes and the portion was so big I had to help her out after I finished off my grits and eggs. Grits are a grain served like hot cereal but instead of putting something sweet on them, you put butter, salt and pepper. They seem strange at first but I love them now and are a real southern delicacy. It wasn't cheap but still under $20 for both of us and the food lasted us till we stopped for dinner in Asheville!

Liberty Steak House & Brewery: conviently located local brews

by richiecdisc Written Jul 4, 2007

hearty fare & decent local brews

This is a typical chain brewpub so don't expect haute cuisine or award winning beers, but it's a great location at Myrtle Beach's Broadway on the Beach and given the other choices to eat, one of the better ones. It is a cavernous boisterous place with a festive atmosphere and waterfront location so no qualms there.

Favorite Dish: The food as the name implies is chuck full of steaks and other typical pub grub. It's not generally my cup of tea but it goes well enough with the beer. We both opted for burgers topped with bacon, mushrooms, a blue cheese. The let us replace the fries with garlic mashed potatoes....yum. Prices are reasonable for burgers ($7-8) though steaks can be pricey. The beers were rather pedestrian though certainly not bad. The Nut Brown and Oatmeal Stout were passable, the IPA pretty tasty and I had a high octane barley wine that was a bit disappointing.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Kingston Plantation: lunch on the patio

by richiecdisc Updated Jul 4, 2007

Debbie, Phil, and D enjoying some pie & beers

With such a great patio I suggested grabbing some food and enjoying it rather than going out for lunch. We'd already picked up a cooler full of local beers at a great store en route to Myrtle Beach. With the sun shinning brightly, a great setting, and great friends the atmosphere could not be beat.

Favorite Dish: We got the food from Luigi's Trattoria as our friends had eaten there and said the food was good. The owner had raved about his pizza so we decided to give it a try. Being from Philly, we are quite critical and this pie just got an edible rating from us. We also got some prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, and bread which was much better. It all went well with the beers I'd chosen. Highlands Brewery in Asheville, NC provided its Gaelic Ale, Oatmeal Stout, and Kashmir IPA. Palmetto of Charleston had a tasty porter as did Duck Rabbit. I'm still looking for my tasting notes. I'll add some more info if/when I find them! ;)

• Angelo's Steak and Pasta: Fantastic buffet....Superb steaks

by flex68 Written Jan 23, 2007

I simply cannot say enough positive things about them! We "found" Angelo's during our stay at MB back in 1998, when we decided to use their coupon we saw in one of the guidebooks we got at our hotel.
    It is still, by far, our favorite place to eat, and we usually go there 3 or 4 nights out of each year's 10-day vacation!
    I have never been able to get past the SUPERB Italian buffet to try their very highly-rated steaks, but admit that they do look/smell wonderful as they are brought out past my table.
    The cost of the buffet is more than reasonable, especially when you go for the "early bird" offering between 4-6 PM. I don't know anywhere else that one can enjoy such a variety of excellent food for less than $10 per person!
    My favorite offerings are the Italian green beans, Italian sausage, meatballs, lasagna, and tortelleni alfredo.
    All are delicious!
    They also have spaghetti (with either tomato or meat sauce), stuffed shells, meat ravioli, cheese ravioli, chicken parmesan, and a variety of pizza, among others.
    The service and the atmosphere are both excellent, and we have come to know many of the staff by name, as they are there each time we return.
    I would and do heartily recommend this restaurant to everyone!

Favorite Dish: The tortelleni alfredo is my favorite offering from the buffet.
    Rich, creamy, and full of flavor!

• doug48's Profile Photo

prossers: bar-b-que

by doug48 Updated Nov 16, 2010

prossers bar-b-que

prossers is an excellent bar-be que restaurant located in murrell's inlet ten miles south of myrtle beach great bar-b-que and south carolina low country cuisine. in my opinion one of the best bar-b-que restaurants in south carolina. prossers in well worth the twenty minute drive from downtown myrtle beach.

• Golf

• deebum25's Profile Photo

Original Benjamin's Calabash: All You Can Eat Crab Legs

by deebum25 Written Sep 27, 2008

This is a great place to go with the family, friends, anybody and everybody who appreciates a mile long buffet stuffed with goodies. Okay so it's not the healthiest meal you'll ever eat but you will have a great time. We have never had a server who was rude or rushed us and we always end up going from stem to stern and enjoying as many crab legs as we can fit in.

Favorite Dish: Crab legs!

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

• Prince Creek Diner: Tasty Feast

by escapistforever Written Feb 20, 2010

I have travelled to many many places around the world, but this was a real feast. Excellent quality, taste and atmosrhere. Very good food with a wide vatierty of tastes. The " warm " service and smile of the owner is something that won't forget. I felt that they respect the customers and they care for the best service. A " must go " when you visit Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Stelios

Favorite Dish: What ? How to start and how to stop ? I ordered mashed potatoes ( they were real ) , pork chops and meatloaf. My girl had fish, french fries ( they were hand-cut !!! ) and rice pudding. After we ordered pancakes with buttermilk. Are you still at home ?

• happyloved199's Profile Photo

Preston's: PRESTON'S All you can eat seafood! Our favorite!

by happyloved199 Updated Oct 23, 2007

We had a very short wait during peak summer dinner time. Less than 7 minutes pretttyyy good! We were seated and ordered mixed drinks and all arrived quickly! Crablegs are optional for an extra charge, but the price was under $18 for adults without them. We aren't big crableg fans so this meal was perfect! (Although one night we did try the "other" AYCE place, the legs were the best part of the meal. The other food wasn't very good after a LONG 2 hour wait and over $25 per person.)
    Our server also helped us out a little by knocking the small kid's meals and our cokes off the bill. Of course we even used the coupon and tipped him big and still spent what we would've without the coupon. :)
    The surroundings are very casual, with lots of stuff to look at on the walls, kind of like a steakhouse but with beach items. Can't miss Preston's, the sign has a swordfish on the sign! We tried all the places we wanted to then, the last night returned to Preston's as our favorite!

Favorite Dish: OMG, homemade yeast rolls, fried scallops, stuffed mushrooms, casseroles, Dad said fried clams were tender and perfect, everything was just great! Even had some italian dish (non-seafood) and other items for those that don't like seafood.

Kids liked the dessert bar and the items changed frequently!

• Fishing
    • Surfing

• Dicks: Comedy Show and Food at a cheap price. Loved It!

by Guffey Written Jul 25, 2006

The burgers and shrimp were better than expected. We were entertained the entire time by watching others and looking around. We enjoyed reading the tall hats that were customized for each customer. One fellows hat read " I hate Myrtle Beach take me back to Brokeback Mountain". The lady in front of us asked for a straw. The waiter threw about 15 at her saying I hope this straw sucks as much as you. Have a sense of humor and you will be OK. I thought it was alot of fun and did not cost that much.

Favorite Dish: Shrimp and fries. The presentation was 6 jumbo shrimps seved on a high bucket. Another bucket full of crispy fries with the skin on. Cocktail sauce was full of fresh horseradish. Tall Yeungling draft and you get to keep the logo pilsner.

• piytravelmike's Profile Photo

Painters Homemade Ice Cream: Classic Beach Resort Ice Cream Spot

by piytravelmike Written Sep 4, 2006

Every beach resort needs a place like Painters Homemade Ice Cream. We visited the location in North Myrtle Beach. The place feels like it has some history behind it, offers a good selection of flavors, and has benches to sit on while enjoying your cone or sundae. Best of all, the hot fudge is as good as I've ever had.

Favorite Dish: Single scoop hot fudge sundae (pick your flavor).

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

Hoskins Restaurant: The best home cooking, away from home

by etfromnc Updated Oct 28, 2005

Excellent down-home cooking. Not too fancy. Not too expensive. Good but you probably will not meet the Trumps there. If you are going out for a night at Fat Harold's or Duck's, just down the street, they have some food sometimes but really they are more what we called "beer joints" when I was growing up so you might want to stop by Hoskins first.
    Hoskins is open Tuesday - Sunday from 7 AM until 2:30 PM and on Tuesday through Saturday, they re-open for dinner from 4:30 until 9 PM.
    They are not overly sophisticated but the food is great.

Favorite Dish: Breakfast or BLTs after 11 AM

• chefydood's Profile Photo

Finnochio's: The "FRESHEST" ingredients available!

by chefydood Updated Nov 27, 2009

Well if you enjoy really great Itlian cusine, like the type you find in NYC...THIS is the place! Husband and Wife team from Queens, NY opened up here in Myrtle B. There are lterally thousands of resturants her in MB, However this is THE ONLY PLACE I will dine. The food is "cooked to order" the portions are generous, and the flavors are wonderful. John (Chef/Owner) make fabulous sauces, and has a "Knac" for presentation!

Favorite Dish: The Veal "Valdostana" WoW!! a LARGE Chop, stuffed with Procuitto, and Fontina cheese, accompanied with a fabulous demi-glace sauce. OOTW!!! (out of this world)!!!

• Beaches

• Bennetts Calabash Seafood: Don't Waste Your Money!

by ktowners Written Mar 17, 2010

We were on Spring Break in Myrtle Beach SC and decided to try a seafood buffet. In a coupon booklet it had $4 off for Bennetts. So, we went to their location nearest us at 2900 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, United States (Bennett's Calabash Seafood Buffet #3) When we first walked in, there was a woman sitting behind a table of brochures (obviously there to entice you to view a timeshare) - she told us to go in and we'd be seated inside. Then an older gentlemen just looked up and he told us to go further in and we'd be seated inside. A young waitress seated us and we were asked about a coupon first. I should have asked how much the buffet was first as we sat down and everything else had a price except the adult buffet which was marked as "market price". I think this is their way of altering the price based on your having a coupon or not. Anyway, to summarize, the food was obviously sitting there for quite sometime, the place was more than 3/4 empty (should have been my first clue) our bill for a family of 4 (2 kids) came to $85 not including tip, the desserts were obviously store bought, when we asked for finger bowls for the crab, we were told they don't have them and were brought napkins that had hot water poured on them and lemons on top (I mean, come on, you can't even afford to give wet naps?) The waitress spilled lemonade all over my wife, didn't offer here anything at all. On the way out the older man was too busy adding up the checks for the night to even look up and ask us how dinner was. The woman behind the brochure counter asked us if dinner was good, we said no - terrible and she then offered to get all our money back - oh IF we went on a timeshare tour - yah right. I've never done this, but even took the time to stop someone coming in to tell them not to waste their time. This was the worst meal I've ever had - bad service, cold food, management was indifferent, no quality checks. I should have went to Benjamins as per the good reviews online - not BENNETTS!

Favorite Dish: Nothing was good

• deebum25's Profile Photo

Sea Blue Tapas Restaurant: wonderful tapas!

by deebum25 Written Sep 25, 2008

Every time my husband and I visit Myrtle Beach we go to this wonderful tapas restaurant. They offer flights of wine which are meant to be drunk in order with your food and enhance your tasting experience. The food itself has never been anything except above average and we would usually end up ordering a little bit of everything! The servers have always been knowledgeable, courteous and professional. Pricey but worth the money!

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Myrtle Beach

Comments

Myrtle Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Myrtle Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Myrtle Beach sightseeing.