Myrtle Beach Things to Do

by Ewingjr98

Most Recent Things to Do in Myrtle Beach

mirror maze

by iam1wthee Written Oct 26, 2011

this is a serious brain teaser. it is a real challenge and they do not help you come out if you get lost inside and are frustrated. You have to prepare yourself before going in. Definitely do not go when you have an appointment to make.

barefoot landing

by iam1wthee Written Oct 26, 2011

the only things open in october is alligator adventure, mirror maze, house of blues, and alabama theater
    its best to go may-sept when other things are open

tigerland not open till march
    cruise closes oct2 and reopens the 27 but stops in nov

shopping is always available

no bus goes there
    you can take a bus to last stop and then take a cab $20
    at night there isnt a bus and the ride will be $32

alligator adventure

by iam1wthee Written Oct 26, 2011

This place was a little scary for me. The alligators, tigers and camel seemed quite intimidating. After watching the show I was a little bit more comfortable being around the animals but not so comfortable that I would jump over the fence.

palace theatre

by iam1wthee Written Oct 26, 2011

It is a hit or miss. A lot depends on your taste and what show you choose to see to meet your taste. I saw Why Do Fools Fall in Love which was just ok. I felt the two costars outshined the main character.

• Myrtle Beach Boardwalk

by destination360 Written Sep 2, 2011

I love the beach here, but I think the boardwalk might be my favorite attraciton in Myrlte Beach. It's such a central option for all the great things to do in town, whether you're looking for shopping or restaurants or the Broadway at the Beach (also a must-see). One of the perks of beach vacations has always been the relaxation, and anything that's good for walking rather than sitting in the car for a while is always high on my list. Plus it's a great way to go back and forth between the beach and some shady areas with a break from the sun.

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Dragon's Lair Fantasy Golf

by Krumlovgirl Written Jun 8, 2011

We had never taken our son to play mini golf before and my husband had been itching to do it. I had reservations about this because my son has the attention span of a flea and my husband takes his mini golf very seriously. But, we decided to give it a shot. There was little else going on and I had a coupon for the Dragon’s lair Fantasy Golf at Barefoot Landing.

So, it was pretty chilly that day and we mostly had the place to ourselves. That’s a good thing because our son was kind of all over the place. He did very well, though, and actually got a hole in one at one point. (I am not kidding.) The course was very well-maintained and interesting and we had a good time. The constantly erupting volcano threw him off a couple of times and scared him but he eventually got used to it.

The coupon that we found in one of the generic coupon books took about $6 off our game and that was helpful. Compared to some mini golf courses I have visited, it had less twists and turns and gimmicks but it was still a nice one and not too much on the cheesy side. We don’t keep score when we play because we both end up cheating anyway and it doesn’t matter, but all in all it’s definitely a place that I would return to again.

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Ripley's Aquarium

by Krumlovgirl Written Jun 8, 2011

We love going to the aquarium and we absolutely adore the one in Gatlinburg. So when we saw that Myrtle Beach had a Ripley’s, too, we thought it would be a great way to spend the afternoon.

This year, our son was really old enough to enjoy such a thing, although he’s had fun with it in the past, too.

So…the pros…

It was very clean and there was a nice variety of aquatic life. It had the fun things that we have come to expect such as the interactive areas, the sting rays, the divers, the café, the moving sidewalk that takes you under the water, and the large turtles.

The cons…

It wasn’t as big as the one in Gatlinburg. It seemed as though we were through it in about an hour and usually we can spend at least two or three. A few of the exhibits, like the shark exhibit, were closed. I don’t know if this was because they simply hadn’t been “unveiled” yet or because they were down for maintenance. Some of the tanks were empty as well and there were signs up saying that they were being cleaned. I felt like we should have gotten a discount if not everything was available.

On the plus side, we did a couple dollars off, thanks to a coupon. Of course, my son’s favorite part was this slide thing that looked like a tongue. Go figure. I personally like the jellyfish and sea horses myself.

• Aquarium

• kaymar's Profile Photo

The Boardwalk and Promenade

by kaymar Written May 16, 2011

As Bluegreen owners, we stayed at SeaGlass Tower and visited Myrtle Beach for the very first time. So relaxing and the Boardwalk was amazing! So clean and spacious with lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

The Beach

by Ewingjr98 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Grand Strand is the collective name of the beaches that stretch 60 miles from Cape Fear, North Carolina to Georgetown, South Carolina. Myrtle Beach, the largest city on the Strand has some 10 million visitors each year.

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Ripley's Haunted Adventure in Myrtle Beach

by butterflykizzez04 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Haunted Adventure at Myrtle Beach

Prices age 13 + $10.95 plus tax
    children (8-12) $7.95 plus tax
    not recommended for younger children.

It had just opened and because we had two children under age 8 we didn't get to go to this attraction. But, I would definitely recommend it to the thrill seekers out there.

• Broadway at the Beach

by LizMary Updated Apr 4, 2011
    My son on a Harley in front of Hard Rock Cafe

Great place to shop and so much more! Not tacky at all....cool stores, along with Ripley's Aquarium (liked it!), a historical museum (thumbs up!) and Hard Rock Cafe. You can feed the fish/ducks...these huge catfish stick their mouths up whn they see people looking into the water, and they fight the ducks for pellets you can buy!! Hysterical!

atalaya castle

by doug48 Updated Nov 29, 2010

atalaya

atalaya castle is located at huntington state park near murrell's inlet south carolina. this 30 room mansion was built by archer m. huntington in 1931. archer huntington was a noted scholar of spanish culture and art and his wife ana hyatt was a famous american sculptor. the architectue of the mansion is moorish inspired but to me it's looks more like a prison. this interesting home is open for tours. atalaya castle is listed on the national register of historic places.

• Architecture

haunted adventure

by doug48 Updated Nov 16, 2010

haunted adventure

haunted adventure is one of three ripley attractions in myrtle beach. the attraction is a tour through a "haunted" house were actors try to scare you. this attraction is not recommended for young children. a fun thing to do for teenagers and young adults.

• Golf

murrell's inlet

by doug48 Written Nov 16, 2010

murrell's inlet bar

murell's inlet is a very worth while place to visit in the myrtle beach area. murrell's inlet is home to huntington beach state park and a number of excellent restaurants and bars. for dining i personally think that murrell's inlet has the best collection of restaurants in the myrtle beach area.

• National/State Park

huntington beach state park

by doug48 Written Nov 16, 2010

huntington beach

huntington beach state park is located about ten miles south of myrtle beach at murrell's inlet south carolina. the state park has a beautiful three mile beach, a salt marsh ecosystem, and the historic atalaya home. the park offers swimming, fishing, nature trails, and birdwatching. in my opinion huntington beach is the nicest beach in the myrtle beach area. for more information see the attached web site.

• Architecture
    • National/State Park

Instant Answers: Myrtle Beach

Comments

Myrtle Beach Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Myrtle Beach things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Myrtle Beach sightseeing.