North Myrtle Beach Things to Do

• Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in North Myrtle Beach

Barefoot landing

by mirchica Written Feb 17, 2010

It's an amazing area.There are restaurants,bars,shops everything you need for the whole day. The complex is situated over a lake and therefore all the buildings are on platforms and are connected with bridges. I'd love to come back one day

Churches

by mirchica Written Feb 17, 2010

As I'm an orthodox I've never been in a different church till then. There are many different once - catholic,baptists,etc.It was very interesting for me to look around and stay for a while in a completely different interior as I'm used to.

• Religious Travel

Go to the beach

On sunset

Well...sure if you're in North Myrtle Beach you'll go to the beach. Probably I'd like to recommend a night walk or early morning one when there are no people. It could be very romantic or just funny if you're with friends. I even tried night swimming but was a little bit afraid of sharks.

• Sailing and Boating

• Darkeyedgirl's Profile Photo

Parasailing at Bob's Parasail!

by Darkeyedgirl Updated Jul 19, 2009
    Up with Taylor

I'd been parasailing before in Cancun... but it was a 'beach launch' and not an 'ocean launch'. I can say honestly I prefer the ocean launch!!!

Here in North Myrtle, they make the parasailing an EVENT, not just a pasttime. We picked "Bob's Parasail" because they advertised right in front of our resort, it was very close (about 5 stoplights away), and... you get to go out to the parasail boat first by banana boat, THEN by speed boat, THEN you get onto the parasail boat! And, they take your pictures (burn you an entire disc of your floaty experience) for $20.00.

The best part: The parasail holds 3 people at a time. If you have two kids, they let the parents go up twice with each kid. Me and Jeff got to go on two trips with each kid for photo opps. We got one heckuva deal and many memorable experiences (neither kid had been parasailing before), and lots of pictures to look back on. Plus that speed boat ride totally rocked. =-)

• Water Sports

• Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo

Tribal Island Tiki Mini Golf

by Tom_In_Madison Written Aug 24, 2007

Volcano blows its top

This is a mini golf course. It has 2 18 hole golf courses. This one didn't thrill me much, it had a few obstacles but was mostly just golfing around corners and such. I like ones with obstacles, but this was just mostly flat.

It's attached to a lighted driving range and a par 3 golf course.

A volcano goes off about every 15 minutes.

• Golf

• Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo

Beach

by Tom_In_Madison Written Aug 24, 2007

The beach

Going here goes pretty much without saying. You can walk out into the water for quite a ways and it never really gets that deep. I walked and walked and it still never got higher than my waist--and this was as hurricane Dean was causing havoc in Mexico and Jamaica.

If you are not staying at a fancy hotel on the coast, there are a lot of little parking lots along Ocean Blvd that you can pull into and walk to the beach...all of about 30 yards away. The one we went to is right next to Maritime Hotels/Condos. There's a parking spot there. Attached to the building is the Coconuts outdoor bar and in the building is a public bathroom open to all.

There can be some bad riptides though, so be careful of those....if you get in one swim parallel to the shore until you get out of it.

There are many places you can go on parasailing excursions, banana boat, rent beach chairs, etc....

• Surfing
    • Water Sports

• Ghosts and Legends Theatre

by gaynell_lee Written Jul 11, 2007

My family visited Ghosts and Legends theatre and watched the Ghost Show. The quality of the special effects is amazing for this small theatre. They rival those of Disney and Universal Studios. The local stories are great as well and unlike most of the other attractions, you learn something. This is a great attraction for families! They have a website at www.ghostshows.com that offers discount coupons.

After seeing the Ghost Show at Ghosts and Legends Theater, we decided to go on the Myrtle Beach Ghost Walk which lasts for an hour and a half and takes you through the swamps and marshes of Barefoot Landing. Our guide, who was dressed as a pirate, told local ghosts stories such as those of Doctor Flagg, who caught a mermaid and the stone crab boy as we made our way through the swamp. The walk is a good value for the price and my family had a great time. I recommend good walking shoes since you will travel at least a mile. There are plenty of rest stops to take a breather and use the restroom for those who need it.

• Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: North Myrtle Beach

Comments

North Myrtle Beach Things to Do

Reviews and photos of North Myrtle Beach things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for North Myrtle Beach sightseeing.

View all North Myrtle Beach hotels