Skimmer Bay Restaurants
Greg Norman's Austrailan Cafe: Australian Golfer's Restaurant
We didn't get down to this restaurant as it was farther than we wanted to walk. This is the information about it from the website:
Originated In October, 1999
• Hours of Operation - Pub opens 4:00 pm
• Restaurant opens 5:00 pm
• Approximately 10,000 sq. ft.
• Interior comprised of rich grain leathers and hand crafted woods from Australia. Australian motif and Aborigines artwork. Hand painted ceiling in dining room and full length mural in pub of waterfalls reminiscent of the Australian outback.
• 164 Interior Seats comprised of booth seating and free standing tables with waterfront view dining room overlooks kitchen featuring open air wood burning grill and rotisserie.
• Front of restaurant features veranda and comfortable patio style waiting area.
• Large oval shaped mahogany bar seating 22 around bar
• Casual fare available from Shark Pub menu offered nightly
• Happy Hour 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm daily
• Large arm chairs and large relaxing sofas with view through bay window of intracoastal waterway
• Full length banquette and 7 cocktail tables for additional seating throughout bar area
• 8 TVS throughout the pub to view favorite sporting action
• 22 Tables on deck seating approximately 80
• Fire Pit located on deck
• Deck overlooks Intracoastal Waterway
• Private Dining room available - accommodating parties of up to 24
• Climate controlled wine cellar - award winning wine selection of hand crafted wines per Wine Spectator Magazine.
• Featuring Greg Norman Estate wines
• Approximately 225 ft of free dock space adjacent to restaurant deck
• Retail shop featuring a full line of Greg Norman Collection of clothing and accessories
Favorite Dish: Since I have not been here, I don't have a favorite, and can only list the menu from the website.
Pasta & Poultry
Chef's pasta of the day mixed with shrimp and seasonal vegetables finished with a light cream sauce $18.95
Red Curry Chicken - wood grilled chicken breast served with sweet chile jasmine rice, stir fry vegetables and finished with a red curry aioli $16.95
Grilled Atlantic salmon with a creamy lobster succotash with corn, roasted onion, swee4t peas, smoked bacon, served on whipped potatoes $19.95
Baked filet of grouper with crabmeat stuffing served with a medly of wild rice, finished with a lemon caper sauce $24.95
Miso, mirin and cane sugar marinated seabass, pan seared and served in a a sake-lobster broth, with crispy rice cake and charred cabbage $23.95
Traditional beef wellington on a bed of sauteed green beans and finished with port wine demi $28.95
Wood-grilled rib-eye steak served with roasted garlic whipped potatoes and sauteed woodland mushrooms $20.95
Herb and pepper crusted pork loin served with sage roasted sweet potatoes, apple demi and seasonal vegetables $18.95
Wood-grilled veal chop served with fettuccini and seasonal vegetables in a mushroom cream sauce $26.95
Slow roasted 28 day aged prime rib of beef served with au jus and baked potato 16 oz. "Shark Cut" $26.95 10 oz "Queensland Cut" $19.95
Wood-Grilled and Rotisserie Classics
(served a la carte with your choice of a variety of house-made sauces)
Cowboy steak $29.95
Atlantic salmon $19.95
Yellow fin tuna Market Price
Filet mignon $27.95
New York sirloin $25.95
Veal Chop $23.95
Herb & garlic half chicken $14.95
Green beans $3.95
Creamed corn $3.95
Asian stir fry vegetables $4.95
Sauteed mushrooms $4.95
Grilled asparagus (seasonal) Market Price
Baked potato $3.95
Country mashed potatoes $3.95
Sage roasted sweet potatoes $3.95
Creamy risotto $4.95
Australian rock lobster tail $14.95Related to:
- Sailing and Boating
- Family Travel
- Road Trip
Skimmer Bay Nightlife
Great American Riverboat Company: Dinner Cruise
In 2001, we were nearly skewered by the boarding ladder of a local cruise boat which was painted white and gotten up like a steamboat.
When we passed Barefoot Landing this time, we saw the Jungle Princess at the dock. I think this is a new paint job on the boat we saw before, but I'm not absolutely sure. The cruise company offers cruises on the Jungle Princess and the Queen Mary II. The other boat was not the Queen Mary II.
Dress Code: I have not taken these cruises and I do not know about dress codes. I would assume you would have to wear shoes and a shirt.
Two-hour cruise and entertainment.
Youth (6-16) $7.00
Child (5 & under) Free
Two-hour cruise with entertainment. Includes main entrée, starch, vegetable, dessert, and beverage. Cash bar available. Reservations required.
Child (12 & under) $22.50
Captain's Dinner Cruise
A two-and-a-half-hour cruise with entertainment. A main entrée choice of Prime Rib or Chicken. Dinner also includes salad, rolls, starch, vegetable, dessert and beverage. Cash bar available. Reservations required.