Sullivans Island Restaurants

• Street side, inset of Bob, pizza and menu picture
    Street side, inset of Bob, pizza and...
    by grandmaR
    bert's bar
    by doug48
    off the hook
    by doug48

Best Rated Restaurants in Sullivans Island

poe's tavern: american pub

poe's tavern

poe's tavern is a american style pub offering mexican dishes as well as burgers and sandwiches. excellent beer selection. the tavern is named after the famous writter edgar allen poe who was stationed at ft. moultrie in 1827.

Station 22: Sullivan's Island's Oldest Restaurant

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Street side, inset of Bob, pizza and menu picture

We were looking for a restaurant where we had dinner last spring, and went across the Ben Sawyer Bridge, turned right and went almost out to the lighthouse. Then we turned around and came back and stopped here.

The decor was interesting - there was wooden wainscoting and above that palmetto trees were painted in tones of brown and green. There were lots of photos on the walls - most b&w of old beach scenes, and there was also some art work. Over the door was a large Santa, a lawn flamingo, and a clock with neon around it (photo 2).

Hanging from the ceiling were some old riding toys (car and fire engine - photo). Strung along the ceiling were strings of lights in various shapes (shamrocks, parrots, sailboats, cocktail glasses, power boats, lighthouses). It was too dark inside to take really good pictures.

Favorite Dish: For starters they gave us four small pieces of pizza (insert)

Bob had a two chicken breasts and mashed potatoes with cheese. I had the pasta of the day for $17. This was shrimp on noodles which also had peas and bacon in it. It was too dark to get a good picture of them. We both had delicious coconut cake for dessert (photo).

They also had a children's menu and there were a lot of children there.

POE'S TAVERN: Looks Interesting

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

My son at lunch

This place was across the street from Station 22 and looked interesting, but did not look like a place for dinner.

Later, when we went to Fort Moultrie, we went here for lunch.

Favorite Dish: The Charleston Post and Courier dining guide (URL below) says:

"Handñcut fries, gourmet burgers, fish tacos, salads, soups, specialty sandwiches. 20 imported & micro brews on tap and broad wine selection. Open Daily. Lunch 11:30 a.m.- 2 p.m. Dinner 6 p.m.-9 p.m."

I had quesidillas, and I think Bob had a hamburger. The children had cheese fries and my son had chili.

• Beer Tasting

• Sullivans Restaurant: Great Food,Atmosphere, and prices

by papasam Written Jul 22, 2007

We have been vacationing on Sullivans Island for over 15 years, and have been eating at Sullivan's Restaurant everytime we are here. Our family found great seafood, steaks, and pasta dishes as well as a children's menu. The prices are very resonable and the atomosphere is great. Good place for family and friends to get together.

Favorite Dish: We enjoy the She Crab Soup that they serve. We have tried it all over Charleston, and this is the best yet. My Husband enjoyed the Shrimp and Fried Grits with a shrimp sauce, and my favorite was the seven layer seafood pasta. We also shared a piece of their homemade keylime pie. Make sure you leave room for that. This restaurant is family owned and we feel like family when we visit.

• Business Travel

• Poe's Tavern: Burger lives up to its reputation.

by billyg93 Written Oct 8, 2007

My wife and I and our four kids (ages 13, 12, 9 and 5) were on the next island over in Isle of Palms and a couple of people mentioned Poe's to us for great burgers so we had to give it a try. It was a Saturday and the place was packed but we were able to find a large table in the back for the six of us.

We ordered a round of drinks and our server said the kitchen was really backed up and the burgers would probably take awhile. Based on the laid back atmosphere we had experienced in the south so far I wasn't sure how long that meant. But when you come somewhere to try the burgers the wait doesn't matter. In the end they didn't take long at all. The burger was excellent and they have all kinds of great choices. I split one with my wife and we also ordered the soft-shell breaded crab sandwich with cole slaw on it. This was on a whim and it was outstanding. Now for the real critique. My kids love burgers and this place rated at the top of their list.

Great people watching also but I felt very comfortable with my kids in this bar atmosphere

Favorite Dish: Burgers!!!

Sugar Shack: Ice Cream and Souveniers

by grandmaR Updated Dec 10, 2005
    Grandchildren eating ice cream

We stopped in here after we finished touring Fort Moultrie and let the kids have some ice cream. They also have beachwear (such as sun glasses, and beach bags) souveniers, and the sign says they have internet access.

In addition to ice cream, Italian ice, smoothees, sundaes, shakes, cocoa, various kinds of gourmet coffee, candy (Nancy's home made Fudge cups), and cookies (cookies, Biscotti and truffles are all $1.29@), they also had hot dogs ($2-2.50), bagels ($2.25-2.50), muffins ($2.95) and sausage/egg/cheese ($2.85) and sweetened or unsweetened tea.

Favorite Dish: I thought it was expensive for the candy, so I didn't get any. The kid's scoup was $1.75 for under 8 years old. The bigger kids had to pay $2.75 for one scoop of ice cream and $3.75 for two. A float or malt was $4.25.

• Museum Visits

station 22: seafood

station 22

station 22 is personally my favorite restaurant on middle street. good seafood and american fare. station 22 also has an interesting tropical motif.

High Thyme: Cuisine and Cocktails

by grandmaR Updated Dec 10, 2005

Sign

We did not eat here - it was next door to the Sugar Shack where we stopped for ice cream. It apparently is a three star restaurant which serves American food and Seafood. It was given two $$.

bert's bar: beach bar

bert's bar

this is really a bar tip and not really a restaurant. bert's is typical beach bar catering to tourists and locals.

Instant Answers: Sullivans Island

Comments

Sullivans Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sullivans Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sullivans Island sightseeing.

View all Sullivans Island hotels