Summerville Restaurants

Sign at night
    mural inside
  • My grilled cheese-fruit instead of fries $4.19
    My grilled cheese-fruit instead of fries...

Most Recent Restaurants in Summerville

Perkins Family Restaurant #3898: Bake Shop and Restaurant

by grandmaR Updated May 10, 2013
    Real milkshake $3.99

We used to have a Perkins in Leonardtown and one in Wildwoode, but they have both closed down. I have not eaten in this one in Summerville, but I was surprised to learn that just because our Perkins closed that didn't mean that the chain as a whole had closed.

Most Perkins have a display case of baked goods when you come in the door. They have muffins, cakes, pies and cookies.

Favorite Dish: Generally the food is ordinary American food - no nouvelle cuisine.

Bob particularly likes the Seniors menu, which has pork chops, turkey, country fried steak, fish, chicken and pot roast.

You can also get breakfast all day and they obviously have lots of choices for dessert.

We ate here in January 2013. Bob had the grilled cheese and tomato basil soup - the price for Seniors was $4.19. I had the grilled cheese with fruit as a side for the same price. Bob had a a milkshake. The milkshake comes in the old fashioned blender container and is too much to fit into the glass.

Firewater Grille: Under construction

by grandmaR Written May 10, 2013
    Sign at night

Our family ate here the first night we were in Summerville. It turned out to be right next to our hotel, but as often as we had been here, we had never eaten in this place. Their specialty, we were told, was hamburgers.

• Seniors

Checkers: Drive-In - ONLY

Checkers drive-in

I have not eaten at this particular Checkers.

Checkers is a drive in restaurant only. There is absolutely no option to eat in the restaurant, although there are usually tables outside. The other way the restaurant is unusual is that they have twin drive in lanes. However if you use the left hand land with a left hand drive car, you have to be very flexible or have a narrow car or have someone in the passenger seat in order to pay and get your food.

Favorite Dish: They have Champ burgers, cheese burgers with a choice of types of cheese (swiss, jack etc), hot dogs, chili dogs, cheese dogs, chicken strips, chicken sandwiches, fries, cheese fries, and various drinks including shakes.

They used to have fried apple bits which I really liked, but they've gone to the ordinary apply pie.

Logan's Roadhouse: Steaks and Sandwiches

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Restaurant with inset sign and food

Logan's Roadhouse is another franchise/chain restaurant operation. It was founded in 1991 and the home office is located in Nashville, TN. Currently, there are 124 restaurants in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Michigan - Detroit Area, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia

It is supposed to be like a roadhouse from the 1930's and 1940's. I don't think of roadhouse with a positive image, but apparently Logan's has been very successful with this idea. They have TV sets in various corners, and a juke box. There is a meat counter display case showing the various cuts of meat.

Favorite Dish: We ate here with our son and DIL and grandchildren. My son had a french dip sandwich (Roast beef, sauteed onions and mushrooms topped with melted Swiss cheese on a French roll; au jus for dipping pictured on lower right), my husband had a Logan's Club Sandwich (Ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese and mayonnaise served on toasted bread), I had a steak and sweet potato (top left) and an apple cobbler with ice cream. My grandchildren had kids meals.

• Business Travel

Shoney's #1136: Buffet or Menu All Day

From the street

Shoney's was started back in 1947 and is now in 318 locations in 21 states - mostly south of the Mason Dixon line, and east of the Mississippi. It was originally a drivein and deli. In 1951, the owner, Mr. Shoenbaum purchased Bob's Big Boy (which I remember from Norfolk in 1960) and called his restaurants Shoney's Big Boy. They featured the double decker hamburger and such desserts as strawberry pie. They are also noted for their buffets

Favorite Dish: It has been some time since I ate at a Shoney's.

They are changing the menu for the first time since 2001 - the new menu includes such items as

· Bubba’s BLT

· Hickory Smoked Burger

· Grilled Salmon Platter

· Oyster Platter

· Fried Chicken Parmesan

· Chicken Cordon Bleu Dinner

Sticky FIngers: Barbeque

Peach Cobbler

One of the places we've gone to eat when we visited our son in Summerville is Sticky FIngers. They open at 11:00 and have a kids menu. They also have what they call a "bulk menu to go"

Apparently Sticky Fingers was started by three school friends Todd Eischeid, Jeff Goldstein and Chad Walldorf from Chattanooga, Tennessee. "After Jeff's parents moved to Charleston, South Carolina, they complained how much they missed authentic Memphis style barbecue. Jeff was jobless. Charleston was ribhouseless. The idea for Sticky Fingers was born."

Most of their restaurants are in South Carolina, but they do have one in Atlantic Beach Florida (with another Florida one in the works), one in Wilmington NC, and two in Tennessee.

Favorite Dish: They feature Memphis hickory smoked ribs, but they also have sweet ribs, hot ribs, and chicken. For instance there is their Sticky Fingers Family Feast- wings, ribs, barbecue pork, smoked chicken, barbecue baked beans and slaw for your entire group. Available for tables of four adults or more.
    $16.99 per person. They also have my favorite desserts like

Peach Cobbler
    Topped with a delicious crust. Heated and served with vanilla ice cream. $3.50

We went for dinner without my son's family and Bob got a BBQ dinner and I got a half rack of Sweet Carolina Ribs. We had a coupon for a free Peach Cobbler that I picked up at the hotel, but Bob got the fudge brownie instead.

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

The Mustard Seed: Absolutely the "best" gourmet food!

by 807Wheaton Updated Sep 23, 2009

Summerville, SC

This restaurant is just unbelievable. We have been there twice and each time the menu is very creative and the food is presented beautifully. It is truly gourmet food.
    They have choices for lunch that include fish and various meats.
    Their pasta is wonderful.
    I don't know where the chef has trained but this is definitely someplace very special.

• Seniors

Ye Ole Fashioned Ice Cream & Sandwich Cafe: under construction

by grandmaR Written Nov 7, 2008

Favorite Dish: After that we had lunch at Ye Old Fashioned Ice Cream and Sandwich Cafe. I had special #4, which was a bowl of soup (I picked chicken noodle), a toasted cheese sandwich, a drink and one scoop of ice cream for $7.14. Bob had a stuffed egg salad sandwich.

Oscar's of Summerville: Very popular locally

by grandmaR Updated Nov 5, 2008

Ice cream crepe $4.50

This is my DIL's favorite place. We took the whole family out to dinner there before we left Charleston. We went there again in 2008

I had shrimp and grits $14.95 and a Triple Sorbet with fruit, I had shrimp and grits $14.95 and a Triple Sorbet with fruit, Bob had fried oysters $13.95 and our son had Greek Chicken Pasta $14.95 and they both had the ice cream crepes (the ice cream crepes are a BIG favorite); our grandson had a cup of SheCrab Soup ($4.95) and a steak fillet with shrimp ($29.95) and a NY Cheesecake. I have him well trained as he did not start to eat until I had taken a picture but there wasn't room for it here.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Oscar with asparagus and mashed potatoes with something stuck in the top. $14.95 and it included a salad. My husband had Three Amigos dish ($8.95).

My DIL had she crab soup first ($3.95) and then she had two crab cake appetizers $8.95. My granddaughter had hamburger and fries ($2.95).

I had the sirloin special on spinach and sweet potato fries with a side salad for $18.95, and for dessert - ice cream crepe for $3.25. The ice cream crepes are now $4.50

The total dinner including a $16.00 tip came to $101.75

That was in 2000. In 2008, the total was $145 before the tip.

Flowertown Restaurant: Where the Locals Eat

by grandmaR Updated May 20, 2007
    Restaurant sign

I have not been to this restaurant. I just took a picture of the sign. The website says

"Come to where the local folk eat

"Open 24 Hours

"Breckfast, Lunch & Dinner
    Served 24 hrs.a day"

Favorite Dish: I suggested to my son and DIL that we eat here, and they were discouraging about the quality of the food, so we went elsewhere.

• Business Travel

• Continental Corner: Americanized Greek

by Whirledpeas1 Written Mar 3, 2006

The continental Corner is a nice little restaurant with reasonably good food and prices to match. It's a bit on the cramped side as far as size goes and the ambience is "busy".
    The problem with the Continental Corner is that their Greek food isn't very Greek. I've spent enough time there to know. They don't even have tzatziki. Tzatziki is the yoghurt and cucumber dressing/dip that Greeks put on everything but their cereal. Instead, they have something like ranch dressing. It's a bit like going to a Mexican restaurant to find they don't have salsa. It is such an integral part of Greek dining that for a restaurant to claim to be Greek without it is, well....unthinkable.
    Again, the food is tasty but without tzatziki how could anyone call it Greek.

• hslowe's Profile Photo

Continental Corner: Local Greek place with a long history

by hslowe Written Feb 3, 2006

The Continental Corner has been serving up great Greek food in Summerville for more than 25 years, and is a true local institution. The owners are the nicest possible people and the food is really tasty.

The ambiance is very casual and friendly. On weekend nights a piano player provides background music.

• hslowe's Profile Photo

The Dining Room at The Woodlands Resort & Inn: The only five star, five diamond restaurant in SC

by hslowe Written Feb 3, 2006

The Woodlands is a lovely, small secluded inn, and it is well known for its Dining Room, which is the only five star, five diamond restaurant in the state of South Carolina. (You won't even find one of those in neighboring downtown Charleston, about 24 miles away) It has justly won all kinds of awards for its food and service. The wine list is outstanding and the food is so delicious.

Visit the website to find out more and to salivate over menus.

(I can't believe I'm the first to post about this restaurant! Destination dining at its best.)

Favorite Dish: Anything here is good. With a five course meal, you're sure to sample something that knocks your socks off.

• Wine Tasting

Fisherman's Quarters: Fast Fish

by grandmaR Updated Dec 10, 2005

Sign out front

We went to eat here on Monday night, but Fisherman's Quarters is closed on Monday. (Otherwise it is open for dinner from 3 or 4 until 9 or 10 at night and from noon on Sunday) So we came back later in the week. There was a wait time, but it is pretty short.

Inside tables are jammed in together with very little space between them. The tables have paper place mats and there are signal flags around the room. Almost the only thing on the menu is fish. Service is a bit slap-dash, but reasonably quick.

Favorite Dish: I had swordfish, baked potato and onion rings (pictured), and then I had cheesecake for dessert. My husband had shrimp (pictured). My daughter in law and son had a rich looking chocolate dessert (pictured).

The waitress "overlooked" several optional extra charges on the menu. Our bill for 4 adults and two children was a little over $70 not including tip.

Pizza Inn: Buffet Pizza

by grandmaR Written Jun 4, 2004
    Road Sign

I saw this sign while we were driving through Summerville. I have not been to this restaurant. Apparently it is a franchise operation, although I could not find out exactly where all the franchises were. Their headquarters is in TX and they have international locations too.

Favorite Dish: They have dine in buffets - Pizza obviously with lots of toppings and several crust options, but also stromboli, sub sandwiches, pasta, wings, breadsticks, wraps, and desserts.

Instant Answers: Summerville

Comments

Summerville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Summerville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Summerville sightseeing.