Brookings Travel Guide

• Carnegie Library, Brookings, South Dakota, US 2008
    Carnegie Library, Brookings, South...
  • Brookings County Courthouse, Brookings, SD 2008
    Brookings County Courthouse, Brookings,...
  • Coughlin Campanile, Brookings, South Dakota 2008
    Coughlin Campanile, Brookings, South...

Brookings Things to Do

• by j_awald Written May 12, 2004

Every year in July it is the Brookings Summer Art Festival that brings folks to town. Many artists and crafts folk that are not seen at every show attend. Be warned: its popular ! 70,000+ attend.

• by awaldj Written Oct 5, 2002

Brookings bosts two state museums on the campus of South Dakota State University: The State Agricultural Heritage Museum and the South Dakota Art Museum.
    The agmuseum is one of three traditional agricultural museums on college campuses in the United States. It features exhibits about the process of agriculture as well as what it took to live as a farmer in South Dakota. The artmuseum features the works of Harvey Dunn and many other South Dakota artists.

• Brookings Hotels

8 Hotels in Brookings

Brookings Hotels

Brookings Restaurants

• by Fleetingglimpse Written Feb 5, 2007

The food at the Pheasant was perfectly prepared. The menu boasts three generations of family ownership and operation. The servers were very knowledgable and attentive. I will definately return and would recomend this place to young people, families, and the elder crowd. They have a formal nonsmoking dining room with linens and a lively, casual lounge area. Full service and menus were offered in both sections. Prices are very reasonable on steaks, seafood, and several signature dishes. I was advised to eat at the Ram Pub downtown, but was much more pleased to eat at the Pheasant. Parking was abundant and the bathrooms were the nicest public restrooms I've used in South Dakota. The crowd was comprised of families, college kids, hunters, and older people.

Favorite Dish: I got a land and sea. The sirloin steak was perfect and not overcooked as usually happens in restaurants. They offer a choice of two kinds of fish. I chose a wild salmon from iceland that was steamed and glazed with some sort of citrus. Instead of soup, the waitress talked me into their signature homemade chili and I'm glad she did. I also had these fabulous flame roasted sweet potatoes that had melted butter and brown sugar on them. For dessert, I shared a gourmet carrot cake and wished I would have ordered a whole one for myself. The bloody Mary made from scratch by the gorgeous, busty bartender was divine. My date was very pleased with the wine selection and raved about her etree also.

• Adventure Travel
    • Business Travel

• by benfergy Written Mar 29, 2004

Ok, yeah, this is just another Chinese buffet. It's not bad, though. Their selection is good, prices were OK, so if you somehow find yourself in Eastern South Dakota looking for a chinese fix, King's Wok is a good place to go.

Favorite Dish: Lo Mein. That's my standby at Chinese buffets. The General Tso's chicken was good too.

• by benfergy Written Mar 29, 2004

Z'Kota is a good place to go if you're looking for fast food. Our speech team, when we travel to SDSU, usually has our last meal here. The fare is mostly the traditional fast food items (burgers, chicken, etc.) but they have some unusual items as well.

Favorite Dish: Fried Shrimp. But I happen to like shrimp a lot, so I'm biased.

Instant Answers: Brookings

Comments

Brookings Travel Guide
Map of Brookings